Monday, February 29, 2016

Nostalgic Weekend Wrap-Up

 I couldn't start our post about our weekend without including these photos from Thursday night. These two pictures show how much fun Mallory and Brian have together. She loved to jump all over him and Thursday night they were doing different things together and it was so funny to watch. I love these moments!


Friday night I did the whole grocery store/laundry fun so our Saturday would be free to just hang out and relax because we wanted to enjoy watching this...


Talk about nostalgia - I loved Full House growing up so it was so neat to see The Tanners back together and even thought it's just a TV show, we had a good time watching the new show. It was a good mix of old and new for sure! Mallory loved the updated version of the theme song and kept wanting to hear it over and over. I saw this on Instagram and laughed because it was true


We watched the season on Saturday but enjoyed playing inside and outside in between episodes.

Mallory still loves her kitchen and always wants to make me some food


And then I looked over and see Mallory had put the Barbie bed that I got when I was little in her new Barbie house. Talk about a mix of the old and new! It just made me smile so big!


Barbie dress-up time. Her barbies have some vintage clothing (from my Barbies) and some new clothing to choose from


And if I wasn't feeling nostalgic enough, I saw that "The Land Before Time" was on TV and had to introduce Mallory to the greatness of this movie. I watched it all the time growing up!


We enjoyed our relaxing day and went out to dinner. Mallory always wants to check the mail so if you check the mail without her, you are in big trouble. She always gets so excited about it.


If we have a free Saturday night, you know you can find us at Texas Roadhouse. We do love that place!


Sunday morning, we went to church and I loved our sermon was about the church having real people with real problems. It's so true and a reminder that the church isn't perfect: only Jesus is. 

Mallory was invited to a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese and I took this picture of Mallory shooting the ducks because I knew Brian would be proud


I'm also proud that she is getting skee ball down


And for those who know my child, as much as she is scared of characters in costumes, she was hiding under the table when got to the party because she did not want to see Chuck E Cheese and then all of a sudden, she realized, he wasn't so bad and went up to him for a group picture. She did great with all the characters at Disney World so maybe that helped?? You never know what to expect from her - ha! 


Now, we will see if she will ever like to see the Rockwall Yellowjacket at the football games :)

And that's a wrap!

1 comment:

Brettni Brumfield said...

Shooting ducks. Gotta LOVE it! Have a great week, Lady!