Friday, February 19, 2016

Disney World 2016 - Day 3 - Hollywood Studios

Day 3 we headed to Hollywood Studios! We didn't have any morning plans so we enjoying sleeping in a little and taking our time heading out for the day. Mallory wore the shirt I ordered for her and I loved it on her! 


Before we headed out, I wanted to take pictures around our resort. The Art of Animation has four separate buildings: The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Cars and Finding Nemo. The Little Mermaid was on the same side as The Lion King so most of the pictures are of the characters on these two buildings. I wanted to head over to Cars and Finding Nemo but it was on the other side of the resort and I didn't have time to head over there. The resort is very cool and Mallory loved seeing all the big characters!

You can see how big Ariel is in this photo in comparison to Mallory. We loved walking around looking at it all.


Mallory's favorite in The Little Mermaid is Sebastian so she had to take her pic with him


We passed through The Lion King as we walked to our bus so we saw it's characters every day


I took a couple more pics of inside the resort because it is all so cool!



We then got on the bus and headed to Hollywood Studios


The last time I was there, there Mickey's blue sorcerer's hat but it is no longer there.


This is looking down the main street when you walk in. As you can tell, it was another beautiful day!


Our first stop was to ride the Tower of Terror! This is a ride you never forget and I was really looking forward to riding it again - especially with Brian.


Dad, Brian and I ready to go! This ride drops you 13 stories in the dark - it is great!


I did tell Brian that this was one of the scariest rides I've ridden just because you are sitting in the dark before you drop so I know I made him feel better with those words. He did a great job on nailing the picture for the ride. Look at the poor girl behind him!


After surviving the Tower of Terror, we met Mom and Mallory at the theater to watch the Beauty and the Beast show. Mallory had watched this show on Mom's laptop so many times before we came so she could not wait to see it in person.


We were excited for the show to start!


They sang all the great songs from the movie


And she came out in her pretty yellow dress


Here is the ending of the show


After the show, we walked around looking at more of Hollywood Studios. A lot of people love to do all the Star Wars rides and shows while there. You can train to be a Jedi but I told Brian he could do that next time for sure!


Our daily family photo on main street


While we were waiting for our next show, I snapped this sweet picture of Mallory. It just shows her smile and how she never stopped smiling the whole time we were there. 


Our next stop was Frozen Sing-A-Long. I knew Mallory would like this but I think in the end, we all loved it! Sitting with Nana ready for the show to start!


We all loved it because it was really a show within a show. There were two hosts that were hilarious. They told the story of Frozen and then some songs would play for everyone to sing along to. Of course, we all sang at the top of our lungs - well maybe, just Mallory and I, but we sang along loud and proud


Toward the end, Elsa came out and she made it snow! Mallory thought it was the neatest thing! Enjoy!


After singing our hearts out, we went to see all of our Disney Junior friends at Hollywood and Vine. We had lunch reservations here and were looking forward to seeing the Disney Junior stars.


We first saw Doc McStuffins when she came out to sing a song with all the kids. They sang multiple songs from all the shows and that was fun! The cooking staff gets into it as well - banging pots and pans. They also had a chocolate fountain as part of the dessert so you know I was happy!


Doc McStuffins


Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates


Sofia the First


Handy Manny


I didn't know how Mallory would do with these characters since they are in big costumes but she did great and went right up to them! She didn't want to dance with them when they came out but I was just glad she didn't run when they came to say Hi.

There was a DW photographer taking pics with a heart since it was Valentine's Day weekend so we had to take our picture.


Next stop was the Pixar Studios area


We watched The Muppets 3D show and Mallory liked that she got to wear the 3D glasses


It was a really cute show! Once it was over, we headed to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area. I used to love that movie so I was happy to see this blast from the past.


Sliding down the large leaf


Sitting on the big ant 


We then headed to use our Fast Pass for Toy Story Mania. I'm so glad we had a fast pass for this because there was a 120 minute wait in the afternoon. Crazy!


You put your glasses on and play a game throughout the ride. I let Brian win - ha! He did beat me but it was fun playing. I would have ridden it again if the wait wasn't so long!


After the ride, Mallory asked to get her face painted. She wanted the "Snow Queen" - shocking I know!


She loved it!


We had done everything we wanted to do at Hollywood Studios so we headed back to the resort. Here are a couple of pictures of the front of the resort.


Mallory wanted her picture taken when we got there


We ended the day early at the park because we had to pack since we were leaving the next day. It was nice to have an evening to relax. We ate at the resort and enjoyed our Mickey cupcake for dessert!


Hollywood Studios was really fun and we were looking forward to what all our last day held!

2 comments:

Brettni Brumfield said...

I have no words. Just jealously. ;)

The Killough's said...

Oh I can't wait to take our girls!! Zoey will LOVE doc and Sofia!! I love Mallory's shirt and her smile! So glad y'all had a wonderful trip!!