Saturday, February 20, 2016

Disney World 2016 - Day 4 - Chef Mickey's and Animal Kingdom

Day 4 - Our Last Day - we were up early because we had a breakfast dining reservation with Chef Mickey and friends. I'm glad we had some time the night before to pack and get everything ready since we had to be up and at 'em first thing in the morning. Sunday was Valentine's Day so Mallory knew she was going to wear her Minnie shirt with hearts on it to celebrate.


We had a couple of Valentine's gifts for Mallory when she woke up. She does love Paw Patrol just as much as all her Disney Princesses. We got her the Ariel doll the night before as one of her souvenirs so she was waiting for her when she got up. 


"Reading" her card


We knocked on Nana and Papa's door to give them their Valentine's Day card and they gave Mallory her Valentine's Day present: a new Sofia the First plush doll. She loved it!


After checking out, we took a bus to Magic Kingdom to hop on the monorail to take us to the Contemporary Resort where were going for breakfast. Papa and Mallory enjoyed the last ride on the monorail


Seeing the entrance to Magic Kingdom one last time


Goodbye Space Mountain


The monorail goes into the Contemporary Resort you get off inside of the hotel. So neat!


Mom and Dad at Chef Mickey's


Mallory had been looking forward to this the whole trip!


I'm so glad they had a DW photographer there so we could get one more family picture before we ate


They had a big buffet so there were many choices for breakfast. Everything I had was really good!


They had Happy Valentine's Day signs out all around


We enjoyed our food and then waited for Mickey and his friends to come around




Mallory was so thrilled when she saw Mickey and gave him the biggest hug!


She thought Goofy was hilarious and had to make a goofy face like him!


More hugs!


We were happy to see Minnie again


And I got in another picture with her too!


Pluto  



And we finally got to see Donald Duck!


Brian had to get his picture with the duck - we did not tell Donald that Brian likes to hunt ducks :)


One of my favorite pics of our family that we took as we were leaving Chef Mickey's


Chef Mickey's breakfast was great and we all loved seeing everybody as well as enjoying a good meal. Our last stop for the trip was Animal Kingdom.


Standing in front of The Tree of Life



We walked around when we first got there and we saw Tarzan!


And Jane


And Tarzan and Jane


We also saw Flik and Princess Atta from "A Bug's Life"


The whole park is so beautiful and has great views - including this one of the ride Expedition Everest


Our first stop was to go on the Kilimanjaro Safari. If you know me at all, you know that I'm honestly not the biggest animal lover. I love all God's creations, however, I just prefer to see them from afar. I've taken Mallory to the zoo one time and I know I need to take her again but that's just my truth. I blame Will Lofland for freaking me out by saying he heard the animals on the safari will get up to the bus and stick their head in. No Thank You!


So, I sat in the middle of the bus just so everyone could enjoy the views and any animals that preferred to come up to us. My forced smile and Mallory's full smile. She was so ready to see them all so we are completely opposite! 


However, I will say, once we started, it was really neat to see all the animals. Disney has done an awesome job with this whole park and seeing all these animals was great. Seeing them from afar I mean. Thankfully none came up to us so I enjoyed the ride! And I won't even pretend to know exactly what all these animals are so enjoy the pics and you will be able to pick our the more familiar safari animals.


Most of the animals were resting, enjoying the sun so you will see a lot of pictures of them sunbathing - like these hippos


And these crocodiles


 I did like seeing the giraffes


Mallory sat in Papa's lap the whole ride and had the biggest smile on her face the whole time. I decided that she will now become a zoologist and I will have to visit her at the zoo when she gets older to see her. :)


Elephants


Zebras


Can you see the lions resting on top of the rocks?


 Rhinos


The Rhinos were the last of the animals we saw on the safari. We really all did enjoy it! After the safari, you could walk around and see other animals like at a zoo. We stopped to see the fish


And waved to the gorillas


As we were walking to another part of the park, we saw the monkeys - can you see them?


Brian, Dad and I had a fast pass to ride the roller coaster: Expedition Everest so that was our next stop


It was one of the best roller coasters I've ridden. You go forward for a part of the ride and then switch to going backwards however, you think you are going to do the same part backwards and you do not! You switch tracks and go another way and that part I was not expecting. I might have screamed a lot on this ride but it was because it was great! Here is the photo from our ride.


While we were riding Expedition Everest, Mom and Mallory headed to Dinoland 


Nana and Mallory were riding a ride like the Dumbo ride when we got there


She wanted to take a picture at this photo stop so I happily obliged


For lunch time, we ate at Pizzafari with everyone else at the park - we had to wait a while but it was good!


While we were heading to the safari earlier in the day, a teenager walked up to us and asked if we would like a stuffed animal of Arlo from The Good Dinosaur. He had won it playing a game and didn't want to carry it around all day. We happily said Yes and Mallory had a tight hold of it the whole rest of the day! Plus, it came in handy for the plane ride home as a pillow.


We walked around some more after eating and I had one more snack credit to use so I had to get an ice cream bar in the shape of Mickey's ears. I know you can buy ice cream like that at any store but eating one at DW just makes it even better!



We didn't have enough time to wait in a long line for a ride or even for another show so we decided to take our time and look around some more and then head to the bus.

One last family picture at Disney World


Mallory and Arlo


We pulled into our resort one last time to get our luggage and take the Magical Express back to the airport


We ate dinner at the airport and then boarded the plane for our flight home. Mallory had Sofia and Arlo with her for this ride.


Sad faces because we were leaving Disney World


But Happy Faces because we had a wonderful time and couldn't wait to get home to our beds!


I think the whole trip finally caught up with her because she fell asleep quickly on the plane


Uncie met us at the airport to pick us up! These two were reunited and were so happy to see each other!


I think you can tell by my posts, photos and videos that we truly had the very best time!! Thankfully, we had Monday off for President's Day so we were able to sleep in, relax and do all the laundry. Brian and I were talking Monday night about how it really was the perfect trip. The weather was perfect the whole time - it did not rain one drop and it felt really good. Mallory did great all 4 days and did not stop smiling the whole time we were there. She soaked up everything and loved meeting everybody she could. We loved going with Mom and Dad with us and Mallory only wanted to be with Nana and Papa on rides. We are so thankful we were able to take this trip and even if Mallory doesn't remember it, I know Brian and I never will forget it. Thanks for sticking with me through all my photos, videos, posts on all social media and for reading the blog posts. I hope you enjoyed reading the posts as much as I enjoyed writing them!

Disney World, you truly were magical!

5 comments:

Josh and Shan said...

I'm sad it's over! I loved living through you!

Lyndsey said...

I'm sk glad y'all had the best time!! It's always sad for awesome vacations to end but I bet you already have a photo book made and on its way to you so you can relive it!!! :)

The McIntires said...

Looks like a perfectly magical vacation!!

The Killough's said...

I loved reading your posts!! So glad you had such a magical trip!!

Brettni Brumfield said...

Tarzan and Jane are so cute! We never saw them.

And Wyatt and I LOVED Expedition Everest!! We rode it 3 times. =)

I've loved seeing your trip and living your family's adventures!!