Monday, November 16, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday night, we headed to the football stadium to cheer the Yellowjackets on! It's playoff time so it's win or go home! It was very chilly that night but we were ready to cheer Caleb on! Our family + Shannon :)


We won! I'll blog about it more in a separate post but Caleb got to play and the Yellowjackets pulled it out! It was a great game and now onto the next round of the playoffs!


We got home late and were slow going Saturday morning, but had to get up to head to Cooper's 1st Birthday party. Cooper is Brian's cousin's Foster's little boy and we were happy to celebrate him!



After the party and getting what we needed from the store, we headed home for the rest of the day. I try to get all the laundry done and house cleaned so I'm not having to do it all on Sunday. Brian went out and got us some firewood. I always love the first fire of the season!


We had dinner and got the fire going. We played Disney Princess Candyland and it was an intense game :) Brian came back at the very end and won


It was all fun until Brian came back and won so Mallory got up to pout in the corner. I laugh because I know my family and friends are laughing because she is so me. I am so competitive so she is very much her Mother's Daughter when it comes to games.


After getting over the game, we enjoyed the rest of the night watching college football in front of the cozy fire


After watching all of the news of the tragedy in Paris and all the sadness going on, I am extra grateful for the family time together and for all of God's blessings. We know and believe God is in control of everything and am clinging to that peace.


Sunday morning, we headed to church! I had a youth leader's meeting after church - they feed the families and then the leaders stay for the meeting. Mallory always looks forward to coming to the youth building with me and eating with her friend Katie Ryan.


Sunday evening, we had our first "Friendsgiving" at The Loflands. Our Supper Club version of Thanksgiving. Will and Lyndsey provided the Ham, stuffing and corn casserole while we all brought other sides and dessert. I made mashed potatoes and brought rolls. It was all so very delicious!


Enjoying our dinner in Will and Lyndsey's beautiful dining room. 


The kids were playing hard upstairs but then decided they were hungry so they came down for some food


My best friend: Liesl and I. Love this little girl!


And I love all these kids! Mallory always looks forward to seeing them all and playing with them! 


And these women: I'm so extremely grateful for them, their families and their friendship. 


First Friendsgiving = complete! And that's a wrap!

3 comments:

Josh and Shan said...

Competitive? I had no idea! Remember that one time you shoved me off the bench while playing spoons?? ;-) ;-)

Amanda said...

Hahaha Shannon! Oh the fun at Beaver's Bend! Sorry about that friend!....but did I get the spoon?? :)

Lyndsey said...

Hahaha, poor Mallory pouting made me laugh out loud! I loved our first Friendsgiving and am excited to make it a new tradition!