Tuesday, November 24, 2015

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas!

A Christmas decorating blog post before Thanksgiving?!?!?! Yes! When Brian asked if we should decorate for Christmas on Saturday, Mallory and I both emphatically said Yes! We pulled out the decorations and started going!

Mallory was so thrilled to get into the Christmas boxes! She pulled everything out so she could look at it all and see what all there was. She was definitely a great helper and we had so much fun going through everything together!


We started by decorating the mantle and hanging our stockings. Mallory said "Look, Momma - it's a big sock!" :)  I bought Mallory's Christmas pajamas last month when we saw them at Carters and they came with a red tutu - she was sold! She was excited to put them on and dance in her tutu. 



Brian and I have always loved Christmas but sharing it with our little girl makes so much more wonderful!


The next item to set out was our nativity scene. Mallory said she wanted to do it so I let her. She pulled each of the people/animals out and worked to match it like the picture on the box.


She was very serious - her tongue was out the whole time she would put one in place.


All done and it was perfect! We did finally find Joseph's staff but Mallory informed me it was her magic wand to which I requested she put Joseph's staff back :)


Brian's favorite thing to do every year...or not. He is in charge of fluffing the tree.


While Brian fluffed the tree, Mallory and I went through all of the ornaments. My baby holding my favorite ornament of when she was a baby!


Brian got the tree all fluffled and put up. Every year, Brian and I say we are going to get a new tree but every year, I stick with the one we have because it is the first one we got when we celebrated our first Christmas together as a married couple. We will see if we do get one at the after-Christmas sales this year or if I stick with the "oldie but a goodie" one!


Mallory had to walk around the tree and take it all in.


Then, she and I started putting the ornaments on the tree.


Every year, Mallory gets to pick out a new ornament to hang on the tree. She decided to hang all of them together. I know you will be shocked to know that this year, she chose: Rainbow Dash.


Last but not least, she got to put the star on the top of the tree. She had been asking to do that as soon as she found it in our box.


And since the tree was up, we decided to wrap one of the presents we had. Mallory was happy to help me and then I let her wrap something so she went and got a game that she could wrap.


It was a wonderful unplanned evening with my family making more memories together!

2 comments:

The Killough's said...

Love the tutu jams! Zoey would be in heaven with a pair like that!!

Brettni Brumfield said...

Love everything about this! Sweet Mallory in front of the stockings is sooooo cute!