Monday, May 11, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up: May 8-10, 2015

Happy Monday friends! Friday, Mallory had a great time at Layla's birthday party. I love that Layla is into Ninja Turtles and she got lots of Ninja Turtle gear and toys!! Can't believe these two both turn 4 in May! Time is flying!


Friday night, I tried to get as much done as I could since I knew I wouldn't have much time the rest of the weekend. Wal Mart now carries these little $1 Famous Amos cans of cookies and I was so excited when I saw them and scooped some up. My child loves them too probably because I ate a good amount while pregnant with her :/


Saturday morning, we headed to East Texas to attend my great-uncle Donald's funeral service. My grandmother has many brothers and sisters and I grew up playing at my great-grandmother's house with all my cousins and second cousins. I have so many special memories at this house and this is where my great-uncle lived so it stayed in the family until he passed away. 


I was sad for the reason that we were all getting together again but I was so glad to get to see some family that I haven't seen in a long time. My great aunt Dean and great uncle Jimmy came in from Alabama. It's been years since I've seen them so it was great to hug their neck 


My grandmother (bottom right) with her sister and brothers


My grandmother and my great-aunts and uncles


All the children


All the grandchildren and great-grandchildren


So grateful for the family I was born into! I love all these people and love that when we get together, we can just pick up where we left off! 

We also got a quick Bradley family picture. So glad we were able to be there


And if you needed to find my child during lunch, she was pretending singing into the microphone (on the wrong end)


Before we left, I was happy to get another picture of me, Mallory, my mother and grandmother. These pictures are so special to me!


Sunday was Mother's Day and I will write more about that in another post but it was a great day and am loving the beautiful flowers I received!


And that's a wrap!

No comments: