Friday, February 7, 2014

Snow Fun!

Who knew we were going to have a snow day yesterday? Definitely not me! I looked at the weather app on my phone Wednesday and it said we had a chance of snow on Thursday but did not expect it to come down like it did. When I left the house to go to work yesterday morning, I saw a couple of snowflakes and thought that was it. By the time I got to work, the snow was starting to come down harder. 

We don't get too many snow days in Texas so I appreciate them when we do! It was fun to see the snow coming down outside the windows while I was working. I do turn into a little kid and always want to play in the snow for a little bit. When we couldn't stand it any longer, my co-workers and I went outside to play and to take some pics!


Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!


I love the ladies that I get to work with everyday! We had to get a group picture. So fun!

I'm also so grateful for the company that I get to work for! Our generous bosses ordered pizza for all of us at lunch so we wouldn't have to get out in the snow to get lunch. That was so generous!

My Mom's school let out early so she and my Dad went by and got Mallory from preschool and took her to their house. I'm so glad because I didn't know if Brian and I would be able to leave work early and I didn't know how bad the roads would be after work so I didn't want to have to rush to make sure we picked her up at school before it closed. 

Brian and I were able to leave work a little early. We take separate cars to work so I made him follow me home just in case. As much as I like the snow, I wasn't crazy about driving in it. We got home and then we rode together to pick up Mallory.


I don't think Mallory was too excited about the snow as I was, at first but she warmed up to it and we had fun for a little bit outside before we headed home.


I love her cute little mittens!


She decided she needed to go for a little run in the snow. The last time it snowed like this was Christmas Day 2012, when she was 19 months old. That seems so long ago!

We slowly drove home and Brian quickly got the cozy fire started.


It was the perfect way to end this unexpected snow day!

1 comment:

Brettni Brumfield said...

Love the picture of you throwing snow in the air! Fun, FUN!!