Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Big Girl Bed

On New Year's Day, we decided it was time set up Mallory's new big girl bed. I thought I would be sad about this transition but I actually was looking forward to it because I knew she would like the bigger bed and the comforter, pillows, etc... that were new with it.

This is a picture of Brian putting together the crib a couple of months before Mallory was born.


And now almost three years later, here she is helping him take it apart


We knew we wanted a full-size bed and my sister-in-law Stephanie asked if we wanted theirs they've had for a while (actually it was at her sister's Samantha's house - thank you Samantha!) so we got the bed and mattresses and were ready for the big girl bed!

I found the bedding at Target. Nana and Papa got her the sheets, the flower pillow and the dust ruffle for Christmas so we went and got the comforter and the pillow shams came with it


I really love how it turned out. I think I was more excited than Mallory was the first night she slept in it :)

People ask how she is liking the big girl bed and my answer is "I love it, it's very comfortable." Ha! My good little sleeper does not sleep as well anymore. I don't know what changed when. It's not the dark because one night I left every light in the room on and there was still a screaming/shrieking meltdown. I don't know if she just doesn't like being alone anymore, night terrors or what but hopefully she will go back to the good sleeper she was!

At least the bed looks pretty!

No comments: