Monday, December 9, 2013

Icy Weekend

Good Monday Morning! We survived the Icy Weekend at The Estes Household. The temps are now getting above freezing so everything should start melting away but schools are still closed or opening late today because of the conditions so the Ice has left it's mark this weekend.

We were supposed to have our Women's Ministry Christmas Event Saturday morning but that did get cancelled as well as the town Christmas parade. My good friend, Betty-Ashley was supposed to have her wedding shower on Saturday and I was going to have to miss it because of our Christmas event but her shower was rescheduled and while I'm sad she couldn't have it Saturday, I'm really glad I can go now, so not all bad news!

Mallory and I ventured out again Saturday just to get out of the house. We were going to walk down to the creek behind our house to see if it was completely frozen but it was way too icy to even walk down to see so we stayed out front. Here are some more pics from Icemaggedon 


I didn't realize Mallory's toboggan was over her eyes when I took this pic :)


Brian had to attend a funeral on Saturday but before he could leave, he had to warm his truck up for a while.


This pic is from my friend, Joy's community pool. Isn't that crazy! There was a lot of ice here this weekend!

Saturday morning, I decided to be domestic and make pancakes for Brian and Mallory. I love the griddle we got as a wedding present. I should use it more than I do, but it's so perfect for making pancakes.


Mallory kept saying she was having pancakes and I tried to correct her every time but it didn't work. And yes, now she picks out what bow she wants to wear, even with her pj's and this morning's choice was "yelyow"


We did a lot more relaxing on Saturday and I got a cute pic like this one as we laid on our bed


Finally, Saturday evening, we busted out and headed to the movies. We all wanted to see "Frozen" so we took a family trip to see it.


Mallory was very excited


I think we were all happy to be out of the house for a little while


Eating her little popcorn and loving it


It was 23 degrees when we left the theater but so worth it to get out with the fam.

I was anxious to see how Mallory would do since she didn't make through all of Planes in September but she did really well. We sat up top where she could walk around and stand if she wanted without bothering anyone else and it worked out good. The movie kept her attention and she was really into the whole time! I really liked the movie and really loved the songs. Two Thumbs Up!

Sunday morning, we went to church and the roads weren't too bad. Sunday was our World Missions Offering for the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and I'm so thrilled that our church far surpassed our offering goal! I love our church family so much and am so proud to serve alongside them. There are so many missionaries risking their lives to share the Love of Christ and being able to help their efforts by supporting them monetarily and prayerfully is a great opportunity!

It's back to work for Brian and I and back to school for Mallory today. I did enjoy our extra family time together this past weekend...now back to the norm! Have a wonderful week!

No comments: