Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mallory's First Movie

Another first this past weekend was Mallory's first movie. Like I mentioned before, Mallory loves the movie Cars so when we saw Planes was coming up, Brian and I thought Mallory might like it. Of course, we didn't know how she would do in the movie theater but we thought we would give it a try. We went by and picked up cousin Cade and headed to the movies Saturday morning.

We kept trying to get her excited about going to the movies but of course, it's hard to explain to a two year old what you are going to do if they've never done it before.


We got there and went to get our tickets. I was glad that she went to the Planes movie poster and acted like she was excited to see it.


She had hers and my movie ticket and I let her run around outside before it was time to go in and sit awhile.



Brian brought her Coke and Mallory thought it needed to be hers.

The movie started and she had her little popcorn and apple juice and was ready to go. She did really well for the first 45 minutes but then she started to get antsy. She didn't want to sit anymore and thankfully we had gotten the seats at the top of the stairs and there was a little room where she could stand and watch the movie without bothering anyone.

\\

This is how she watched the movie for a little bit. After we walked out for a minute, we came back and we told her to sit down in her seat. Cue the waterworks and crying. So, I got to carry her out of the theater. Crying. I was that Mom with That Kid. I know she wanted to keep watching the movie but she wanted to climb up and down the stairs too and of course, I didn't want her to bother anyone else so we left and let Brian and Cade finish the movie.

We went to the little park area at Firewheel and played for a bit.


There was also a train so she wanted to ride the choo-choo which we did.


After the train ride, Brian called to say the movie was over so we went and picked Cade and him up.

I'm actually glad she lasted as long as she did because I really didn't know how she would do. The boys filled us in on the ending so now I know what happened. 

All in all, it was a good time. During the movie, Mallory did talk throughout it to us too, quietly though- she pointed out what came on the screen and when everyone would laugh, she would laugh too. She did say "uh-oh" pretty loud during an almost accident in the movie but that's what two years olds do! I'm so glad we got to do this with her. I'm sad that I didn't get a group pic of us or at least one with her and Cade too. Well, we have our memories! Another first complete!

No comments: