Friday, September 7, 2012

Allergy Update

I had a couple of people ask me how Mallory's allergy tests came back so I thought I would give you an update. We went to the Dr the Wednesday after the ER visit and they drew blood to try and figure out what the trigger was. When we went back for her 15 month well visit the next week, they only had preliminary results. The only thing that showed up as a trigger was fireant. On a scale of 1 to 10, it showed up as a 2. They told us to call back this week to get the final results and we did. The good news is nothing else came up. They checked for foods, grasses, bugs, insects, etc...but the fireant was still a 2. I'm confused because she's been bitten by fireants before and nothing happened like it did a couple of weekends ago, so why then? And it's only a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10, not like an 8 or 9.
 
So, we will be heading to an allergist to try to get some more information. She's been rubbing her eyes a lot more lately and I know it's not just because she's tired so I'm hoping we can figure it out. We still have our epi-pen with us at all times but thankfully, she's been fine and no new episodes. I've been giving her some children's Benadryl and I think it is helping some.
 
Thank you all for your prayers and hopefully we will know more answers soon! And because it's Friday and I couldn't leave this blog, without a photo, Enjoy some baby booty :)
 
 
This girl loves bath time and runs into the bathroom when I say bath time! She just waits until I pick her up and put her in. I know soon she'll just hike her leg up over and get in herself.
 
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: