Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Remember...

5 Years ago - March 2007. I remember this month because I had it marked on my calendar for a while. I had 4 weddings to attend that month. Yes, 4 weddings all on different weekends. And for a 24 year old single girl, who had no prospects on the horizon, I thought, 4 weddings this month to remind me that I'm not getting married anytime soon. But these were weddings, I knew I had to attend and of course, wanted to attend. They were weddings of my college roommate, Tana, my great friends, Kati & Ryan, my BFF's wedding that I was in, and my good friend Kristin. Here we go!

March 3, 2007 - Ben & Tana Haile

Tana was my college roommate for 2 years in Nacogdoches. I loved living there and she was a great roommate! I was excited to head back down to my old college town to celebrate her & Ben!

March 10, 2007 - Ryan & Kati Ivey

Love these two! There wedding was so sweet (even though Ryan's grandad said Kati's name wrong - I still think they are legally married .. haha) and I had looked forward to it for a while! And now they have Karlyn, hopefully one of Mallory's great friends as she grows up!

March 17, 2007 - Aaron & Julie New

My BFF's wedding - something we had talked about and dreamed about since we were little girls. I was a bridesmaid in the wedding and was happy to stand by her as she and Aaron got married.

I headed down to Abilene a couple days early to help set everything up. I love this picture of Jill and I because we were worn out by the end of the day helping get everything ready. We joke with Julie that she was yelling at us telling us what to do but she didn't, it's just a lot of hard work to put on a wedding!


After setting up, we went to eat. I hate that this picture is blurry but we set up, went to eat and then went to visit Aaron who was working at the jail at the time. Good times :)

But we made it throught and the two love birds got hitched!

March 31, 2007 - Beau & Kristin Cameron

Kristin is a good friend of mine that I made through Julie. In high school, I hung out with Julie & Kristin most of the time even though we didn't go to the same school. I loved they got married within two weeks of each other. She got married at Prestonwood - it was soooo beautiful!

Not sure why I didn't get a pic with the bride but she was stunning!!

So Happy 5 Year Anniversary to all my friends celebrating this month! I'm so glad I got to be there to celebrate the beginning of your marriage!

And who knew, the friend that talked to me the whole way to Abilene for Julie's wedding to keep me awake since it was a late drive, I would marry 2 years later.

And they lived happily ever after...

No comments: