Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Crawfish Boil Fun

As I mentioned yesterday, Sunday afternoon, we headed over to our friend's, Jill & Cooper's house for a Crawfish Boil to celebrate Cooper's birthday. They've had lots of crawfish boils but this this the first one that I decided to try one

I do have to say it was good but it's a lot of work to open the little creature to get a little food out. I had fun learning though. They also had shrimp there and my Dad and I did eat a lot of that. If only we can get Brian to enjoy the seafood with us!

I was excited to see my BFF Julie, her husband Aaron and daughter Emmalyn were there when we got there. I knew they were in Grand Prairie to see "Sesame Street Live" but they decided to go ahead and come over. Now, Jill and I need to just convince them to move over by us! Emmalyn loves Mallory and really wanted her to walk with her. I told Emmalyn that hopefully by her birthday in April she will be more mobile so she can hang with her!

Sweet friends that I hope are as good friends as her mom and me are

There was enough crawfish to go around. I didn't know what the white buckets were for until they told me with was for the crawfish bodies when you were done sucking the food out. Nice.

Emmalyn really enjoyed the cookie cake as you can tell. She loved the red icing on her face.

And finally, a couple of pictures of my favorite people.

Soon we will have baby Kinsley to join our group of girls!

1 comment:

Josh and Shan said...

I'm in the same boat as B. I'm not a fan of seafood!