Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer Fun

We have a fun, busy past couple of days! Thursday, our good friend, Joyce ( from Hughes Springs - who's just like another grandmother to us ) came up to meet Mallory for the first time. I was so excited to see her and couldn't wait for her ot meet Mallory.

Two of my favorite people

All of my family wanted to see Joyce since she came up this way so we drove to Allen to meet Greg, Melody, Kiersi, Kayden and Ryan. We ate a good meal at Cheddars and then Kiersi & Kayden rode home with my mom because they were staying with her until Saturday. We went to my parents, relaxed, watched Toy Story 3 (which Joyce loved!) and then got ready to eat again - this time at Fish Camp.

I love the picture above because it makes me thank God for how things have all come full circle. We had dinner with Cooper and Jill and Jill's parents. Everybody wanted to see Joyce because she is so funny and just tells it like it is - even if it's about you.

Jill helped Kiersi & Kayden feed the fish in the pond by Fish Camp

Friday morning, we got up and went and ate at IHOP. It was yummo but I couldn't eat too much because I was still full from the day before. We took a shopping trip to Target then had to say goodbye to Joyce. I'm so glad she got to come up and meet Mallory and spend time with Kiersi & Kayden. I love getting to go back where I grew up and stay with her in the house that I spent so much time in as a child. We are her children and consider her a family member always.

Friday evening, Mom & Dad set up the slip'n'slide so Mallory and I headed over to watch Kiersi & Kayden have fun. I was sad because I hadn't gotten Mallory a swimsuit just to take her picture in but we just stripped her down to her diaper and let her feel the water. She wasn't sure about it at first but then she enjoyed it.

Nana & Mallory getting wet

I recorded K & K slip'n'sliding and my Dad helping them out. They loved it!

When we were done in the sun, K & K wanted to show me how they were mermaids by putting their legs into the pillowcases. They thought it was the funniest thing. And yes, that Carebear pillow case is mine from a long time ago. Greg's has a Smurf on it :)

Cousin Love.

This was just a little of our weekend - we celebrated baby Eva at Kate's Shower on Saturday. That is a blog post coming soon. Today we are just relaxing after the busy weekend. We enjoyed every minute of it being with our family and friends.

No comments: