Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Comparing

I had to start off the blog with this picture of Mallory. She loves bathtime and last night was no different. She is the cutest!

I have learned a lot since becoming a mother. It's true that some things do come instinctively while other things you learn. One of the things I am learning not to do is to compare. I read many many blogs with many of the mom's that have babies Mallory's age. I read them and think "should Mallory be doing that?" And she's only 7 weeks! I would never want Mallory to feel she had to compare herself to others so why am I doing that for her now? She's a beautiful individual and will grow and do things at her own pace. God created us as our own unique being. This I am learning as a new mom. I know there are may other lessons for me to learn but lately I have been noticing myself comparing too much and want to put an end to it Today!

I know as adults, we struggle with this - so and so has that so we must have that too. It's easy to get caught up in that and I've grown and learned that it doesn't matter what we have - it's being thankful for what we do have because we can't take it with us when we are gone anyway! I would never want Mallory to grow up thinking feeling the need to compare herself to others because of "things" she doesn't have or if she is not good at something. We are all precious in our Father's eyes.

I'm going to close up since I feel like I'm rambling but I just wanted to share my thoughts. I love blogging because I can write my honest feelings about things and hopefully if you have ever felt this way, you can understand. God created us all indivudually. We should not compare ourselves to other people and I should not do that for my daughter so she will not feel she has to do that as she grows older. May you embrace your individuality today!

3 comments:

Josh and Shan said...

Were you writing this for me today?!?! It's just what I needed to hear

The McIntires said...

It is hard not to compare our babies and wonder if they are staying "caught up" to where they are supposed to be. I learned very early on that I had to make an effort not to compare my kids to their peers. Our kids are all unique and God made them just the way they are. Enjoy your little girl, right where she is!

Lyndsey said...

Amen sista! It was good catching up today!