Monday, June 27, 2011

5 Years


Today is my 5 year anniversary working at Women of Faith! I really can't believe it's been 5 years. I remember my first day of work back in 2006 - I was excited and nervous. I had wanted to work for Women of Faith so I was really thankful to be working here. I began work at WoF as the Product Assistant. I helped the Product Department as we got all of the product ready to be sold at the events. I'm forever indebted to my first boss, Loretta Cannon, for taking a chance on me and hiring me!

In August of 2007 I became a Volunteer Coordinator. We could not put on our events without our volunteers and so I, along with the other coordinators, recruited volunteers to work our events.

I started traveling more and racking up the frequent flier miles. I loved meeting all of the men and women who took time out to volunteer. They all get a free ticket to the event so it's a great way to save money and still attend the event - just putting the plug out there for my fellow VC's! :)

In April of 2009, I was promoted to Event Planner for WoF. I was so excited to start this new journey but in the beginning, when I was training, I honestly didn't know if I could do it but I knew God put me in this position for a reason and now I can't imagine doing anything else. It's a lot of work but the rewards of seeing the event all come together make it all worth while! From working with all the details of the arena to transportation to hotel reservations, there is always something going on to keep me on my toes but it all works out in the end!

Me and my radio are good friends. It's how everybody gets a hold of me during an event weekend.

I have enjoyed getting to travel with my job. I've been able to go many places that I would never have imagined I would. I feel like DFW Airport is my home away from home. Brian and I both travel for work so we both understand each other's travels and love trading travel stories. It won't be easy to leave at all now that Mallory is here but I am thankful for technology so we can talk and see each other when I'm gone.

St Louis Arch

Space Needle - Seattle

Niagara Falls

I'm also blessed to be able to work with the most amazing people there is! Our staff in the office and on the road are the most fun people to work with. They are the main reason I look forward to going to work everyday. Sometimes you just need good people to laugh with and even cry with. The sad part about when the travel season ends is not seeing the road staff but that's when Facebook comes in hand so we can all keep up with each other!

All kinds of fun & craziness!

I've also gotten to meet and work with some women that I look up to, admire and learn from. I will never take that for granted and enjoy the time I get to do this!

But the best part of all is walking into the arena, where there are thousands of women gathered, and all of us worshipping together. There's not a greater feeling singing than praising his name with an arena full of women. It's an awesome experience and I make sure I get to get worship time in during the weekend. I'm always on call and running around taking care of things during the event but taking that time out really helps me through the weekend and life.

It's been a wonderful 5 years and I thank God everybody for the job I have and the people I get to work with everyday.

No comments: