Friday, May 27, 2011

Hello Doctor

Today was our first trip to the Pediatrician's office. I was really looking forward to going just because I had some questions and wanted to make sure that Mallory had gained some weight and was eating enough. I'm happy to say she weighed in at 5lbs, 13 oz (she was 5lbs, 9oz when we left the hospital) - up 4 oz since coming home so she is eating well.

I loved it when she asked if we had any questions b/c I did have a list - yes, first time mother here! She answered each of my questions and was very helpful. She actually said Mallory looked perfect - I couldn't agree more!


Dad and Mallory at the Dr's office

Me & Mallory waiting to see the Doctor

We go back in 2 weeks for her check-up and hopefully everything will be good then! Also, it will be nice not to have to fill out all of the paperwork beforehand. There is so much to fill out and a newborn doesn't have that much history!

This afternoon, Mallory's Auntie Stephanie came over to see us and I told her she got to be the one to cut Mallory's fingernails because Brian and I didn't want to do it and cut her. So she did and did a great job - she cut and filed. Since Mallory loves to eat her fingers and put them by her face all of the time, I knew it was time to cut them so she doesn't scratch her face up.

Thanks Auntie for all of your help!

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

aww so glad her appt went well!

I hate clipping Liam's fingernails...actually I never have...I bite them. Seriously. hahaha it works!