Thursday, December 2, 2010

And Baby Makes Three...

Yes, Brian and I are so excited to announce that we are expecting a baby around June 10, 2011! I'm so excited to finally write and talk about it! We are truly blessed what God has given us!

So here we go! It seems so long ago in October when I took my test that said that magical word "Pregnant." The first time I even thought I might be was when we were at my friend's Kati Ivey's baby shower and I got very nauseous but I just brushed it off and didn't think anymore about it. That next Wednesday, we went to church and I got very nauseous again and then went straight to bed at 8:30pm and didn't wake up again until time to get ready for work. I was so sleepy. Brian convinced me the next night to take a test, and this is what we saw:

The night was October 21st and it was a very happy one for us. I think we were both still in shock also! I called the next day and made an appointment for November 4th. I had to travel to Ft Lauderdale in between the times and I could not keep my mind off the our appointment the next week. Finally, when that Thursday came, we headed over to my Dr's office and that's when we first saw this miracle:

Isn't he or she beautiful? I think I was more surprised because she said I was 8 weeks, almost 9, when we went and I thought I was maybe only 4 or 5 weeks along. It was such a neat moment for Brian and I to see our child for the 1st time. They told us our due date was June 10, 2011 and we were beyond thrilled when we left.

We did keep it a secret for a while because we knew Thanksgiving was coming up and we knew we could tell all of our families then as we did! Everybody's been so thrilled and excited for us and I appreciate that so much!

We are thankful for the opportunity God has given us, to raise a child and bring him or her up in His Word. We are looking forward to this ride we are on! Now, I just need to get everybody's numbers for when we need babysitters :)

5 comments:

Josh and Shan said...

Woo hoo! Congrats B & Amanda!

(I have now commented on facebook, twitter & the blog. I think you can sense my excitement)

Kati said...

Congratulations to the parents-to-be!!! It is an incredible journey :> Today Brian came in and was telling me ya'll heard the heartbeat...at that, everybody perked up and was like, "heartbeat!? what!?" :)

Allie said...

congrats!

Tara Moffatt said...

I love this story. I'm so happy for ya'll.

The McIntires said...

Congratulations from China!!! I have been having trouble pulling your blog up through the VTunnel, but our connection is better at our new hotel so I got to see it! We are thrilled for you! Can't wait to meet your sweet baby!