Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Black Friday

Ryan and Kate convinced me and then I convinced Brian to get up early and go shopping on Black Friday. Ryan and Kate showed up at our house a little after 4:30 am so I had to take a picture for proof that we were up and ready to go by then.

We headed to Target first and at first glance, it didn't look like the line was long but then as we kept walking and walking we realized the line ended on the backside of Target. It opened at 5am and we got there a couple of minutes before it opened. Ryan and Kate headed to get their stuff, Brian grabbed the buggy and I headed for the toys for gifts for our nieces. I got a couple of presents at Target and we left there about 5:45 am and then headed for Wal Mart.

It was a little chilly Friday morning. Notice there are no pictures of our faces this early morning. Kate looks great without make-up, me not so much. I was really hoping I didn't run into anybody I knew

Walmart was our second and last stop. It was much more crazy than Target. There were people everywhere and I'm pretty sure that everybody was either buying a TV or some sort of electronic item. I will say that were successful in our venture to find a present for a certain someone... I cannot reveal what it was until after Christmas. Let's just say it was the last one on the shelf and we were very happy and did a happy dance in WalMart. The line was very long at the checkout but it was worth it. Brian and I were back at home and in bed by 7:30am...thankfully we had the rest of the day to sleep away!

This was the line we saw when we first entered Wal Mart

Ryan was really excited about our present we found that we cannot show...he was also excited about the crock-pot we found that Kate wanted

Thank you Ryan and Kate for convincing us to go - we had a good time even though it was very early.

Will we do it next year? We will have to wait and see :)

No comments: