Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Our first Thanksgiving as a married couple was wonderful! We are blessed with the best family anybody could ask for. I got up early and made many many sausage balls for both families and put my corn casserole in oven. It was fun to feel like I contributed to the food this year. We headed off to Brian's aunt and uncle's in Rowlett for Thanksgiving with Brian's family. Good time of food and fellowship with our family.

All the food

Everybody eating...the other boys were watching football

Everybody smile :)

Kennedy showing the boys how to play football

Brian's grandad had brought some boxes with old stuff he had so Jim put on his old football jersey...still looks good

Yes, Brian's grandmother gave me this book ... No, I'm not pregnant but she wanted me to have it when it is time. She got this in 1965 when she had Jim and after reading a little of it, times have for sure changed :)

After the Lions game was over, we headed over to my aunt's house in Rockwall to see my family and watch the Cowboys game. We had a great time hanging out and playing games. The boys watched the football game while the girls talked. Brian and I did get some wedding presents at my aunt's house. Some of my great aunts and uncles had gifts for us but we haven't been down to Lindale since the wedding so my grandmother brought it to us. It was fun to open presents 7 months after getting married - I thought we were done getting presents but I thought wrong! We got some cute gifts and now I've got to find my Thank You cards.

Watching the Cowboys game



Opening gifts


Silver serving tray

Love this picture - my grandmother with her great-granddaughters having a tea party

Kayden with Papa - my dad

After we stuffed ourselves again and my aunts, Brian, Ryan, Kate and I headed off to see The Blide Side. We really had been looking forward to seeing this movie. We got there early and were one of the first in line so we had good seats. Everybody said it was a great movie and I AGREE! I LOVED IT! I cried the ugly cry throughout most of the movie and it is one of those movies that sticks with you when you leave the theatre. If you haven't seen it, go see it now!

Brian, Kate and Ryan waiting to get our seat

There aren't enough words to say how great our day was with our families. We love them so much and I'm sad to see the holiday end but know that we will see them again in less than a month for Christmas! Thank you God for every blessing, including all of the fabulous people in our lives!

I couldn't end without putting up this cute pic of my nieces. They were so happy to be photographed again but I love their pink outfits. This is when they left on Friday to go to a football game. Love them!


Our first Thanksgiving as a married couple = complete

No comments: