Sunday, November 29, 2009

My Cooking Lesson

So we all know that I have a lot to learn when it comes to cooking. I'm the first to admit that because my mother is a wonderful cook and for some reason, I just am not that good. I told her the Wednesday before Thanksgiving that I was coming over to cook something with her so I could learn. I love her Corn Casserole so I told her I wanted to make that. My sis-in-law, Steph, told me I couldn't mess up the casserole and even with her support, I still had my doubts.

I think my mom was just so excited I was in the kitchen cooking since I had never asked to help cook before. She always did a great job on the food and I was always afraid I would mess something up. It was a lot of fun just spending the time with her learning how to make her recipes. She's the kind of cook that can "eye-ball it" and I'm standing there measuring precisely so I don't mess anything up :)

I took pics of the ingredients so I would remember next time - we made two corn casseroles so that is why there is two of everything :)

My Mom making the first of the two corn casseroles

Yep, that's me in the kitchen cooking away :)

My brother, sister-in-law and nieces came to my parents in the afternoon and Melody and I watched Mom as she got the turkey ready

She dives into the turkey

Melody fixing the crust on her apple pie

Thanks Mom for taking the time to teach your 27 year old daughter how to cook some new recipes. I didn't know how happy she was I had found the kitchen until at Thanksgiving, she showed my aunts the picture of me in the kitchen and said "Can you believe it?" haha

Brian thanks you also! Now, we don't have to have the same 2 things over and over anymore! :)

...and by the way - my Corn Casserole turned out great! I just forgot to take a picture of it :(

1 comment:

Kati said...

Way to go! It's always fun to learn a new recipe. I know Ryan enjoys having something different!