Monday, March 9, 2009

Austin: 10 Years Later

I know I blogged before about my High School basketball team being honored for winning the State Championship 10 years ago. We were honored at our High School in January but this weekend, we were honored in Austin at the State Championship - where we won 10 years ago!

Mom, Brian and I walking to the Frank Erwin Center

Brian, Mom and I made a quick road trip to Austin and back but it was so worth it. Most all of my teammates were there and it was so great to see everybody. I don't think we look 10 years older but I know time has helped me! We were honored during halftime of the 2A State Championship Game. It was so fun being out on the floor again - it brought back so many great memories. We went from a very small gym in Hughes Springs to the Frank Erwin Center in Austin where the University of Texas basketball teams play. We were indivually recognized and received a lapel pin! I'll be sure to wear it all the time...haha.

Me and my teammates; Brian holding the program (look closely - Rockwall is on the cover)

Being honored on the floor at UT Austin; Garneshia, Melissa and Me hanging out

I received my lapel pin!

After being honored at halftime, we were able to go to the locker room area to take a picture just like we did 10 years ago after we one State. This time, I did not have the rockin' bangs - I had to let them go! We all took a lot of pics with each other b/c I don't know when I will see some of them again.

Our posed picture and our fun picture

Mom and me, Melissa and Me

Brian and Me

It was a great day! It was a long day on the road but completely worth it! I remember when we won in 1999, we talked about coming back 10 years later and here we are! I love those girls and winning State will be something I will always remember.

No comments: