Friday, April 25, 2008

Spokane, WA

My second conference of the year was last weekend in Spokane, WA. To be honest, I was very nervous about this trip b/c it was the first time I'd ever had to fly alone. And on top of that, I had a layover in Seattle so I was terrified I was going to get lost in the Seattle airport and miss my flight to Spokane. But as Brian said - I am a big girl now and I needed to do things on my own so I went on ( which I had no choice since it was my job...lol ) knowing that God would be with me the whole way. I perservered and made it to Spokane with no problems - it was great! And I flew on my first Prop plane! The flight from Seattle to Spokane was gorgeous - flying over the mountains - God's creation is so beautiful!
I think my reward to making it to Spokane on my own was the most amazing hotel I've ever stayed in in my entire life - The Davenport Hotel. It was magnificent, the comfortable bed, the huge shower and bathtub, and the peanut brittle they brought you every evening was just the beginning. I wish I could have shipped the bed home with me but the hotel didn't go for that idea :-).

The Davenport Hotel


The Bed!

The Shower!

The Bathtub!


The conference was wonderful. Spokane Arena was filled with 10,000 women praising God. All went well but I did experience something that I will never forget. When we got to the arena that morning, our World Vision leader, Debbie Barnett, realized that all of the World Vision bags (with pics and information of children to be sponsored ) had all been picked up off all of the chairs Friday night and had been thrown in the trash. Luckily, the trash bags had not gone off the trash compactor yet so the arena staff, our production staff, and the WoF office & contract staff started digging through the trash, took out the bags that were still intact, sprayed them down, wiped them off and then went and put them back on the chairs so these kids could be sponsored. It was truly a team effort and one I was proud to be a part of even though I know I reeked of disinfectant spray all day. We saved the children and many of them are now sponsored and will have clean water and food and so much more! 827 children in all!

All the people wiping off the World Vision bags

Picture with all the World Vision children saved!


...and if that wasn't enough - it SNOWED on Saturday!!! I was so excited! It was a light snow and did not stick but I still saw it and it made my day! Sunday, I got up flew on my second prop plane ( picture below ) to Portland, then flew home!!! Spokane was Awesome but there is nothing like coming home! This is very long but Spokane was wonderful and I'm so excited we are going back next year!

Spokane Arena - it was snowing when I took this picture - you just can't tell

A Statue of Abraham Lincoln in downtown Spokane


Me and Sarah on the shuttle from the conference to the Hotel

My prop plane from Spokane to Portland!

On the way home from Portland to Dallas - flying over mountains in Utah

No comments: