Friday, July 8, 2016

Gulf Shores Vacation - Part 2

We woke up Saturday morning ready to head to the beach again. Brian, Cade and Mallory went down to secure our spot before all the weekend vacationers came down.

This one was up and ready to get in her rainbow swimsuit

Mallory had the most fun looking for and finding seashells. She and I worked hard to find as many as we could. We found a couple of big ones and came home with a bag full.

She asked us to bury her in the sand so we happily obliged

And then she was out in the water with the boys again

We swam for a while and then in the afternoon, headed out for a late lunch/early dinner before the crowds came. We headed to Lulu's for some food. 

Keeping cool with the mist fan

Hanging with my favorite guy before being seated

Mallory entertained us all at the table while we waited for our food

I ordered the crab melt and jalapeno hushpuppies. They were delicious!!!!!

The Estes Families 

There was also a little shop and lots of things to do in the area around Lulus. Mallory found a hat she really liked.

There was also an arcade so Brian had to play this game.

When we got back, we headed to take some pictures on the beach. I had my real camera but it decided to stop working but I think the iPhone photos turned out good. I'm so glad we took these.

We woke up Sunday morning to one last morning at the beach.

Panoramic view

We had to check out Sunday morning so we enjoyed the sounds of the beach while we packed up. I took pictures of our condo because I did like it a lot! Here is the tour:

Living Room/Balcony

Master Bedroom and Bath



Sleeper sofa and dining room table

Second bedroom and bath

There was also a washer and dryer so we had all we needed and it worked well for us!

One last picture on the balcony

Our little wolf howled a lot during this trip

We decided to not drive the whole way back in one day. We stayed the night in Monroe, LA and since we were close, we had to stop by Duck Commander.

We drove by the University of Louisiana Monroe campus and the gate to the football field was open so we had to go in. 

Dinner was a good meal at Cracker Barrel

The girls stayed in one room and the boys in another. Mallory loved the hotel room phone and kept calling Brian all night long. It was hilarious!

We got up Monday morning to head on the final leg home. We got home a little after lunch in time to rest before our 4th of July festivities.

We got the seashells out as soon as we got home to look at them all again and remember the fun we had!

I'm so glad we were able to take this quick trip and it was even more special with Rob, Stephanie, Caleb and Cade. Memories were made and I'm so thankful we had a safe, fun time! I'm already ready to head back to the beach!

No comments: