Monday, December 8, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up: December 5-7, 2014

I haven't done a weekend wrap-up blog in a while so here we go!

Friday night, my 9th grade girls small group and I went out and enjoyed time together as we celebrated Christmas. Our first stop was PF Changs for dinner. We were all starving by the time we got there and devoured our food. It was so good and we were stuffed by the time we left. After eating, we headed to Highland Village where they got Starbucks and we drove around Highland Park looking at Christmas lights. I've only been with these girls half a year but I love them all so much and am so glad I get to be their small group leader! We had a great time!


Saturday morning, we slept in and after running some errands, we headed to that afternoon to Mallory's friend, Sophie's 3rd birthday party. This was Mallory's first school friend party and she was so excited about it. It was held at the Urban Air Trampoline Park and Mallory was ready to jump. We got there and she and Sophie got their wristbands to start jumping


Parents could also jump so you know I got my wristband too!


It really was so much fun and we had a great time celebrating Sophie and seeing her friends from school. Thankfully, I knew a lot of the Moms there so I had some friends to talk to also...well, when we weren't all jumping :)


Saturday night, we watched some football while I wrapped presents. Mallory saw some of the ribbon I had and wanted to use it so I let her. I had two other rolls so I wasn't worried about not being able to use a roll. She started wrapping ribbon around everything in the house and the next thing you knew, there was ribbon everywhere. And I loved it. She had the biggest smile on her face while doing it. Definitely a lasting memory.


Brian picked it all up when it was done and this is the pile of ribbon that was all around our house :)


Sunday morning, we got ready to head for church. I love this dress Mallory got with Nana and Old Navy and even though I had her silver dress shoes out to wear, she wanted to go with the silver boots so I said ok. 


Before Sunday School, one of the girls in my class, Lydia, gave me this ornament with our picture from Friday night. I kept telling her how much I love it and I do! So Sweet!


Sunday afternoon, we all napped and it was glorious. Sunday night, we headed backed to church for our church's Hanging of the Green.  This is a program where all of the children's choirs sings some Christmas songs and they hang wreaths in our church. It's really a fun evening. I kept telling Mallory that she would get to sit in "Big Church" with us and she was thrilled.


These three had a good time sitting through the program


After the program, we headed to fellowship hall to celebrate Jesus's birthday with cake


We stayed and chatted and after the fellowship hall had cleared, Will and Brian had fun spinning Liam and Mallory around. I love this pic!


It was a great weekend and now we are ready for another week! Have a good one!

No comments: