Monday, July 28, 2014

Girl's Day

Sunday, Mallory had a fun girls day together. Brian was in Humble watching Caleb participate in the Junior Olympics ( Good Job Caleb! ) so Mallory and I spent a fun day together. I love these special days so much. I know she may not remember them but I know I will remember every moment and the fun we had!


We went to the Harbor and looked at the water fountain. Mallory loves to watch it and throw some pennies in. We didn't stay out too long because it was pretty hot outside. 


We went inside to get our seat for the movie: Planes: Fire and Rescue. I have to say we were both looking forward to this movie!


Planes was the first movie that Mallory went to so I thought it was funny to look back. Planes came out in August 2013 and now almost a year later, we were back to see the 2nd movie. 


In our seat with our popcorn, ready to go!


I thought it was funny that one of the previews was for an Elvis concert event that was recorded in the 1970's and Mallory kept asking who he was. And almost 8 previews later, the movie started. Mallory kept asking when it was going to start and at the end of each preview, I would say soon and then another preview would start. Thankfully there were not that many people in the theater so we were all spread out and each kid had room to sit and stand if needed.

After the movie, we headed to Target to pick up some school supplies that Mallory would need for this year! We didn't come out with too much stuff we didn't need :)

We stopped at a couple of other stores and then headed home. We stopped to get a mini shake from Sonic and she was so happy I was getting one. Usually I don't get anything but this time I got one with her and we sat and enjoyed our shakes together.



We both enjoyed a nap and then waited for Daddy to get home! 

It was a wonderful time and I'm so glad I get to make these memories with my little girl!

PS. Today is Nana's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom! We Love You!

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

The two of y'all sipping your shakes is the cutest! Looks like a fun mommy/daughter date!!

Josh and Shan said...

Gosh, her smile is just the best thing ever!!!

Brettni Brumfield said...

I loved seeing the picture of Mallory at her first movie. It's crazy how fast the time flies!

And YAY for Girl Day!