Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Gymnastics Class

Tuesday night, Mallory and I headed to her first gymnastics class. I signed Mallory up for a trial class to see if it would be something she would like to do every week. She's always full of energy so I figured this would be a good place to let some of that energy out and have fun at the same time! I also thought this would be a good age to start doing an activity that would be fun but where she would also have to pay attention and follow the rules and instructions.

I had talked about going to gymnastics all Monday night and told her after I picked her up from school on Tuesday that we would go to gymnastics. I know she really didn't know what it was but I was getting excited about it when I talked about it and she did too! She couldn't wait to go to "stics" 

As soon as we walked in, Mallory was not into it. It was a room full of people she didn't know so she did not want to have anything to do with it. I went to take her jacket and shoes off and the waterworks began. She cried and cried and the class hadn't even started yet! I kept talking to her about how much fun she would have and she just kept crying. When it was time for her class to start, her teacher called the "Tiny Tots 2" class and I carried her to the first station - the trampolines. I put her down on the trampoline and she was fine when I jumped with her and then she wanted to do it all on her own and she was fine without me. The rest of the time, I don't think she even cared if I was there!


She had a blast on the trampolines.
Next, the teacher had the kids sit in a circle and do their stretches. Seeing 2 year olds trying to all sit down and follow the stretches was interesting but Mallory did most of them. 
After stretches, it was time for the foam pit. If the kids want, they can sit on the rope and fall in the foam pit, but Mallory was interested in that so she just pushed the rope back and forth.


But she did enjoy sliding into the foam pit


This picture shows how she already warmed up to her teacher. She held her hand tight as they moved from station to station


Finally, they got to the station that Mallory kept wanting to get on. There were different mats and balance beams for the kids to take turns on



Balance Beam Time



Finally, it was time to do some back rolls. Mallory really liked doing this!

When the class was over, the kids sat on the balance beam and got stamps and stickers.

Even thought it was a rough start, Mallory loved her gymnastics class and I'm looking forward to going back with her for more gymnastics fun!

2 comments:

Brettni Brumfield said...

Check her out! So looks adorable and clearly had a great time. BTW, Delta Mae has that shirt too! Love me some Carter's doorbuster deals.

Callie said...

She is so cute! I think I need to put Gwen in a gymnastics class when she's big enough - it looks so fun!