Friday, January 10, 2014

Family Fun Day

A couple of weeks ago, Brian and I actually had some vacation days off together. Since I started my new job this past year, I didn't get many vacation days to begin with so I was looking forward to these couple of days we had off together in between Christmas and New Year's Day.  I wanted to have a family fun day on one of the days because we didn't take a vacation this year so I thought we could just have a day doing some fun things around town as a family. 

Mallory had never been bowling before and I figured she was old enough where she would enjoy it. Brian and I haven't bowled in forever but we always have a good time when we go, so we headed to the bowling alley. We went mid-morning and that was the perfect time to go - not many people there...and it is much cheaper.


I love the little bowling shoes

I don't think Mallory was too sure about changing her shoes but once she saw Brian and I doing it, she joined in. We went to pick her bowling ball and we got the game all ready to go. This is how long it's been since I've been bowling - I didn't know you can now program the game to have the bumpers come up just when one person bowls. I loved that they popped up each time for Mallory's turn but went down for Brian and I's turn - I know I'm easily amused but it was very nice!


Everybody having fun!

It is nice that they have thing to help little kids bowl. Just put the ball on top and the kids push the ball of it and it bowls it for them. Mallory did a good job at pushing it off each time.



But of course, she wanted to be Miss Independent and bowl on her own so we let her a couple of times. She would usually push it and then lay down and watch it go


We didn't let her push it by herself too many times - we would help give a little push because if we didn't it would take forever for the ball to get down the lane and sometimes I didn't know if it was going to make it. Proof here:


Mallory also wanted to put her fingers in the bowling ball like Brian and I did


After a while she just wanted to stand by the bowling balls and lean over where the air blows and watch her hair blow. 


We really had a fun time and it was so fun trying something new with Mallory! 

After going home and all napping - I'm old and definitely call that fun, we headed out for a hibachi dinner. Mallory had never been so I was very interested in seeing if she would like it.


She sang to us before the cooking started and then once our chef came to cook our meal in front of us, she wasn't amused. He tossed his utensils and did all the fun things they do but she wanted nothing to do with it and sat close to her Daddy...and then when the part where the fire came, she was through


Her poor face says it all. It looks like we are tormenting the little girl. But it was all for the love of food. Once the chef was gone, she was good to go and we were able to enjoy our amazing meal. Just thinking about it makes me hungry for it!

It was a wonderful day and I loved every minute being with my family!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

OK, we need to have a bowling date! That looks like y'all had a blast! I love how excited she gets in the videos!