Friday, September 20, 2013

Five on Friday


Happy Friday! As I was typing this blog for today, I realized that this sounds more like a re-cap of our week but that's what's been going so, so here we go:

{ONE }

Monday afternoon, Mallory and I got to meet sweet Liesl Penelope! She is so beautiful and I'm so thrilled for our friends Will & Lyndsey and of course, Mallory's bud, Liam. I was so happy when she gave me a cute little smile. Mallory looked at Liesl for a minute and touched her nose and then it was off to play with Liam - there was no time to look at the baby when there were toys to play with. Such a fun time!


{ TWO }

Tuesday night was our nephew, Caleb's first football game of the year. He is the QB for his 8th grade Wildcat team. It's always fun to go cheer him on and of course even more fun when friends are there to cheer with you. Mallory and Zoey cheered loud and proud for their cousin!


{ THREE }

Brian's softball season has started again so while he was playing Wednesday night, I was trying to get Mallory to lay down to go to sleep but she kept getting up. She laid by me and looked and me with her sweet eyes and then gave me the biggest hug. She then got up and was talking away. And I let her talk and enjoyed that sweet moment with her. I don't want to take them for granted and want to soak every minute up with her while I can.


{ FOUR }

I know a couple of Fridays ago, I posted a picture of Mallory's bow holder with all her bows. I love them all but really didn't have any smaller matching bows for pigtails so when I saw these cute bows on VeryJane (which is now just jane.com I think), I had to get some. They aren't too big or too small and the perfect size for pigtails. I only have a couple of pigtail bows and Mallory wears them over and over so it will be nice to have some more to choose from. I got two pinks (raspberry and cotton candy pink), silver and white. I really wish I could have bought two of every color!


{ FIVE }

Finally, I wanted to share a song that touched me this week. Tuesday afternoon, Brian and I attended the funeral of great, young Christian man that passed away this past Saturday. Brian played softball with him and we are friends with his brother and family. As we celebrated the life of this man of God, this video of a song by Shane and Shane and a short message by John Piper played. It was so powerful and touching to me and I wanted to share it with you. 
Though you slay me, yet I will praise you!

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

2 Corinithians 4:16-18

1 comment:

simplythesmithsjennifer said...

If you ever go to Canton, there are several booths that have $1 bows. I get all Kenzie's bows from there and they are cheap enough to buy doubles. (or 3's incase one messes up lol). I also found a store in Grapevine Mall, I think it's called It's a Dollar, and they are all a dollar there too!!!!