Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up: April 19-21, 2013

Linking up with Sami
 
Happy Monday! What a fun, busy weekend we had!

Friday night, we had this date marked for a while - we went out with our friends to celebrate our friend, Brettni, turn 30!  


We got there a little early to put out some decorations and balloons. Everybody wore black in honor of her 30th birthday and I love Lyndsey's "30 sucks" with dum dums decoration.



We really had so much fun with all of friends and celebrating Brettni! We were out later than we usually are and I realized that I'm not as young as I once was because Saturday morning, we were up bright and early so we could head out to get pictures made. Mallory stayed the night at my parent's house Friday night and they brought her over Saturday morning. We then headed to a park where we met our friend Sarah so she could photograph Mallory for her 2 year old pictures. 

I seriously had low expectations, especially after going to the bluebonnets to get pictures. It's a good thing because Mallory did not stands still at all and wanted to pick up sticks and play with them the whole time. I only wanted 1 good family picture and 2-3 good ones of Mallory - she doesn't have to be looking at the camera and I think we got that. I can't wait to see them all! 


I got some balloons for her to have for her photo shoot and they ended up in the trees at the end. She just kept pointing and saying "uh-oh" :)

Saturday afternoon, Brian took my car around so he could do some car shopping for me. This was my car a couple of weeks ago:


My Stratus that I've had for 7 years was barely making it and we wanted to try and trade it in while we could still get some money for it and Saturday, we did! We got a good deal and now Momma has a new (to me) car!


Now, for the first time in a while, I'm not worried about a malfunction light coming on or anything breaking down. I've wanted a Ford Edge from when they first came out so I'm very thankful for a new, safe vehicle!

 Sunday morning, we headed to church where we got to hear Brian teach Sunday School. He taught on forgiveness and he did a great job!



I took this picture because it shows how I get Mallory to sit still for me to do her hair before we leave for church. I turn on Toy Story and she usually sits still long enough for me to do her hair. And I have to use a spray bottle to tame her hair because she has a bad case of bed head every morning :)

I hope you have a wonderful week and I leave you with this scripture that Brian taught on Sunday morning:

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32 (NIV)

2 comments:

Kati said...

Love the car! Hope it has that new car smell. :>

Brettni Brumfield said...

So, I saw on facebook to google "your name + glamour shot" and post what picture comes up.

One of the images was from my 30 birthday party you posted on your blog!

I wasn't blogging back then, but I'm so glad I found this post!

Love you, Lady!!