Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up: March 22-24, 2013

Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend! We did and now it is back to work!

Friday night, we came home and just chilled. I cooked pizza...by Pizza Cucina :) and we enjoyed the evening together.


Before bathtime, I took Mallory's hair down and I love that her hair still looked like she had her pigtails


I love this picture I got of Mallory and Brian as we were watching "rella" as Mallory calls it aka "Cinderella" She is definitely the mirror image of her father.

Saturday morning, it was very gloomy and cool outside so I decided to "hide" eggs around the house so she could practice for her Easter egg hunts.


She did a good job at putting them in her basket but would be sad when she opened the eggs up and nothing was there. I told her just to wait :) She will get to hunt Thursday at her daycare and then on Easter Sunday. It will be fun to watch her this year since at Easter last year, she had just learned to crawl.

Saturday night, we headed over our friend's The Iveys house to surprise Kati for her 30th birthday. 


We got there early to put up some decorations. Ryan's brother and his fiancee were there too so we got everything set up and then she walked in...


Surprise! Mallory didn't do a very good job being quiet but it was fun to yell Surprise! Kati opened her gifts and then blew out her candles. The cake was very good! We had a good time hanging out and Mallory and Karlyn played together. It got quiet for a minute so we went into Karlyn's bedroom and we saw this:


Mallory had taken all the books off the shelves and Karlyn was trying on all her clothes, so Mallory had to join in. All we could do is laugh. Funny girls


We had a great time with friends and especially celebrating Kati! I love that all my friends are joining me in the 3-0 club!

Sunday morning, we headed to church and Mallory was looking so cute in her dress.


We love our church and church family! This morning a lady in our church sang "Watch the Lamb" and it took me back to when I was younger and our old church put on Passion Play each year documenting the life of Jesus. I heard that song so much growing up and I loved listening to the words. Jesus gave the ultimate sacrifice for us and this week we remember that sacrifice and his resurrection! I love Easter and can't wait to celebrate our Savior who is ALIVE!

I hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments: