Friday, February 1, 2013

I Blinked

You know how everybody says that your kids grow up in the blink of an eye. I believe it. As I was looking through pictures of Mallory just a year ago, I came across this picture taken in January 2012 - when Mallory got her first tooth.


Fast forward one year later and she is still as beautiful as ever, just with more hair and more teeth!


Where did the time go??? Lately, she is talking up a storm (with mostly words we can understand) and is always on the go. I think the only time she is still is when she finally lays down for the night for her nap! She is in full on toddlerhood. One minute she is happy and playing and the next in a full on whiny meltdown. Everyone told me it was coming but now it's here. Yikes! And to think we aren't even to 2 yet! But I love walking into a room and now when she sees us she says, "Hiiiiiii!" in an excited voice and I love it! I'm so thankful to be Mallory's Mom and am trying to soak of every minute with her and treasure this time! 

Happy Friday and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  I'm hoping our toddler will know it's Saturday tomorrow morning and enjoy her extra time to sleep in too :)

2 comments:

Kati said...

I love that 2nd picture of her! So grown up and so sweet :) I'm excited to do a play date soon!

And yes, it goes by fast. I still remember her tiny at the hospital!

Callie said...

It's crazy how fast they grow isn't it? I keep thinking about this time last year, and I can't believe W wasn't even a year old - it seems like he couldn't have need that little only a year ago! Mallory is adorable!