Saturday, December 29, 2012

Our Family Christmas 2012

Christmas Morning! It's so fun to celebrate Christmas now as a parent. I couldn't wait for Mallory to wake up and see all her presents! However, the night before was a long night of her coughing and trying to sleep. Needless to say, we all didn't get much sleep but once we finally all got to sleep, we slept until 9am. Merry Christmas to us!
 
 
Brian putting Mallory's easel together Christmas Eve night. I know this is the first of many Christmas Eve nights that he will be putting things together. I think his first time, he did great! This was Mallory's big present from us. It has magnets on one side and a chalkboard on the other.

 
Christmas morning!

 
She finally woke up and came in the living room...and she headed straight towards her Minnie Mouse car she got the day before. Ha! Bypassed all the other presents for that. Brian and I just laughed. We told her to open the other presents and then she could play with her car.

 
I think she really liked it!

 
Brian read us the story of Jesus's birth from his iPad this year. He said he was going high tech this year for the reading of The Christmas Story. We have been so incredibly blessed this year, I want to make sure we remember the real reason for Christmas - the birth of our Savior!

 
After prayer, we let Mallory open the rest of her presents. She got some blocks, coloring books, crayons, stickers, bath toys, books, etc...

 
Brian acted very surprised while opening his gifts. He had bought an iPhone 5 a couple of days earlier so I told him I had to wrap it and put it under the tree so it could be his Christmas present - ha! I did get him the case he wanted too.

 
And I got Sharpie Pens! My husband knows me so well! And what did I ask for? Glasses. Not sunglasses, regular eye glasses. I've needed some for so long and the day after Christmas I went to the optometrist, got a new prescription and then got new glasses. Am I old? Yes! Am I loving my new glasses? Yes!

 
After a breakfast and a bath, Mallory was back in the middle of all of her toys playing with them all.
 
It was a fantastic Christmas morning with my two loves!

1 comment:

The Killough's said...

I get to go to te eye doctor in January and have counting down the days! Lol