Monday, April 2, 2012

Making Progress

We have started making progess on getting our house ready for us to move in. There are some things we need to do before we move and thankfully we have time to do it. The first thing that had to go was this by the front door:

I'm sorry but I'm not a big animal lover and of course, the people who used to live there were so, I told Brian, this can be the first thing he takes down, so he did. There was another one on the back porch and it has been removed also :)

I so wish I had some sense of being able to deocrate but I can't look at a room and see the finished product. We need to paint before we move in and I've gotten some samples on the wall to see what I like but as you can see, three are basically white (even though they looked more creamier in the sample jar) so it's basically between the top and middle colors.


Who's ready to paint?

Yesterday, Brian and our nephews headed over to tackle our front and backyards. Who knows the last time the backyard had been taken care of. Brian used his birthday gift cards and money to get a lawnmower and weedeater to start the work.


I think some of the weeds were as tall as Cade



The boys worked so hard and now our backyard looks like this:

Thank you Brian, Caleb and Cade!

There's still a lot of work to be done inside and out but it's fun to get to work on our home. Hope you have an amazing week!

1 comment:

Josh and Shan said...

I love how big your yard is! Lots of room for toys ;-)