Monday, March 19, 2012

Family Memories

Sunday, we headed to my mom's hometown in East Texas and even though it was for my great-uncle's funeral, I know for a lot of us, it was nice to see all of our family again. My grandmother has many brothers and sisters so I have lots of 2nd cousins but we were all close growing up because I saw them all the time. I took some pics while I was there so I can make sure I have them for my memories and for Mallory.

My great-grandmother's house is where I have a lot of memories and our family would always sit out on the front porch and talk. When I see this house, I just smile because of all the great memories I have there. My grandmother didn't live far from here so whenever we came down to visit her, our second stop was always here.

All the chairs are there ready to be sat in

We went to where my grandmother is living now and I saw took these pictures of pictures because I love them so.

This is my Aunt Janice, Aunt Sherry and my Mom

My mom - she's so cute!

After the funeral, we all went back to my great-grandmother's old house (which is where my great-uncle had been living) and sat out and talked like old times.

I love this picture of Mallory and her great-grandmother


Full front porch of family - Just like old times

We were gone most of the day yesterday and on the road a lot - I'm so thankful that Mallory doesn't mind her carseat and slept some. Most of the time she played, talked and when I looked back she was mostly playing with her feet

Such a lady :)

One last stop before we got home, we saw Brian's grandparents and Mimi sat with Mallory at the piano

Mallory loved it as you can tell. I do hope she learns to play because I always wish I had.

It was a great day seeing all my family. I know we don't get to see everybody that often but when we all get back together, it's like nothing has changed. We just pick up where we left off last time. I thanked God today for the earthly family he allowed me to be a part of!

I hope you have a wonderful week!!

No comments: