Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years Later

I can't believe it's been 10 years since Sept. 11, 2001. It was such a tragic day and one I will never forget. 10 years ago on this day, I was 19 and was a sophomore in college at Stephen F Austin in Nacogdoches. I had an 8am Radio Broadcasting class and my professor, Mrs. Williford, walked in the room and told us a plane had it one of the twin towers in NYC. My first thought was a small plane had hit it but little did I know, that wasn't the case.

We all walked into our TV Studio and turned the news on. Not too long after we had turned it on, the 2nd plane hit the other tower. It was so surreal and I felt so sick to my stomach. Our eyes stayed glued to the TV as the reports of the Pentagon and the plane in Pennsylvania came on. They cancelled all of the classes the rest of day and I headed back to my dorm room to watch the news and didn't leave there the rest of the day. I called my Mom and talked to my parents off and on the rest of the day. Certainly a day I'll never forget.

It's weird to me that all Mallory will know about 9/11 will be what is in the history books and I hope she never has to go through what our country went through on that day.

I'm so grateful to know that we know that no matter what happens, God is in control of all things. May we never forget what happened on that day and remember all those brave men and women who lost their lives that day. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

No comments: