Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday, Monday

Hello Monday! We had a great, stay-at-home weekend. Brian ran a lot of errands and got a lot of things accomplished for us. I actually cooked a new recipe and it was edible - I call that a success! So, since not much went on, this post is definitely Miscellaneous Monday - hosted by Carissa!


Photobucket


1. Mallory has started to LOVE sleeping on her tummy. She takes her naps on her tummy now and when I lay her down, she is out. I love her outfit from Lyndsey because of her ruffles on her bottom!


Photobucket


2. We finally hung our mirror that we received at one of our wedding showers over 2 years ago! I knew I wanted to get a couple of the newborn photos framed and put them by the mirror so once I got those, we were ready to put it all up. I'm no interior decorator but I think it turned out well.


Photobucket



3. I am reading "The Help" and am loving it. Now, everytime Mallory goes down for a nap, I am reading as much as I can. I cannot wait for the movie to come out. One funny thing I did was go to IMDB.com to see what people were playing which characters so I could see what they look like in my mind. Have you ever had a thought of what people looked like in a book and then when you go to a movie, it's completely different than what you thought? I know, another crazy thing I do!


4. I have 2 weeks left of maternity leave. I can't believe Mallory has been here for 10 weeks! I'm having mixed emotions everyday. I am looking forward to getting back to seeing my co-workers and planning events again however I know it will be hard to leave my little girl that I've been with everyday since she's been alive. I know it will all be good but there is still a knot in my stomach right now thinking of Monday, August 15 when I kiss her goodbye for the day. I'm snuggling her all day as much as I can!


5. Finally, know that GOD LOVES YOU!!! This is a new week for us to trust in Him, give it all to Him and serve Him in all you do! Here's to a new week!

1 comment:

katebradley said...

Happy Monday Morning!
1. Mallory looks so sweet sleeping and I love the ruffly bottom.
2. The wall with the mirror and the framed pics looks great!
3. Can I borrow The Help from you one day when you are finished reading it? I figure the library copies are already on a long wait list since the movie is coming out.