Monday, October 25, 2010

Time of Your Life

Yes, "Time of Your Life" by Greenday, was our Class song in 2000. Brian and I left Friday afternoon and took off for the almost 2 hours drive to East Texas to go to the football game and spend time with friends.

For those who don't know, my parents moved from Hughes Springs to Royse City after I graduated High School so I haven't been back a whole lot since I graduated because they live in RC. I remember being so upset when they moved but now thank God everyday because I was able to start my life in Rockwall and the rest is history.

We started out going to Mustang Stadium and watching the Mustangs beat Waskom in their homecoming game. I have so many good memories there - my Dad was a coach and then Athletic Director there so I've witnessed many games there with family and friends. They roped off a section for our class and by the time we got to the game, there were many people there. Hughes Springs is a small town so I only graduated with 65 ... I know that surprises some in Rockwall and in the Metroplex, that it is a small number but I loved it!

Catching up with friends and meeting babies



Watching the Mustangs play

We love looking at this as we go in the stadium - 1999 State Basketball Champs :)

Saturday night, we went to the local Mexican food restaurant, Don Juans, and had dinner there. I was really nervous I wasn't going to remember everybody that came but thankfully I did.

Praying before we eat the food - notice Brian at the end of the table...he and my good friend Melissa's husband Brad talked to each other all weekend. They were both glad they at least had someone to talk to.

They had old yearbooks out - here is more of the bangs



Me and my classmates Melissa and Teshina


More classmates - me, Amy and Ashley

Hughes Springs Class of 2000

Thanks to Brian for being the photographer all weekend. I'm glad we all got a picture together. We were so glad our friend, Katy - who is in the wheelchair up front - was able to come because she is not due for a couple of more months but she has been on strict bed rest so we didn't know if she would be able to come.

After dinner, Brian, Melissa, Brad and I went to the big DQ in HS and enjoyed a blizzard while we kept chatting about everything. I'm so glad we had that time with them - we appreciate their friendship. We also had a good time staying at our good friend's Joyce's house all weekend. We love staying with her. She has a nice house on a hill out in the country where you can just get away from it all.

Here's to the next 10 years!

No comments: