Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Few of my New Favorite Things

Ok so I've been of those people that said "I need to eat better and workout more" and then do it for a day or two and then go back to my old ways... but not this time. I've really tried in the last month to eat better. I would love to lose weight while doing it but I'm really wanting just to become a healthier eater. Don't get me wrong, I love cheese, chocolate and sugar so it hasn't been easy walking by the cake that's been in our break room at work. I know we can have it all in moderation but at this point, I'll just pass by because one bite in and I'll eat the whole thing ;) So I've just started making better substitutions for what I was eating here and there and here are some of my new favorite foods:


I like vegetables but I will eat more if they do have a little cheese on them. This side is a lot better than the sides I had been eating and they taste good.


Parmesan Crusted Chicken - my new favorite dinner. Boneless Skinless chicken breast with ShakenBake Parmesan Crusted Seasoning and I'm good to go.


Orowheat Whole Grain Whole Wheat English Muffins
I've been eating a muffin with fat free cream cheese for breakfast and I love it

Love this cheese! I eat a wedge of this Laughing Cow cheese with Reduced Fat Wheat Thins and it is a wonderful snack!

Now for the chocolate!



At first I thought these wouldn't taste very good but now I eat them up they are so good!


Brian and I both love the Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches

So that's where I'm at...taking one day at a time. This is just a sampling of the new food I'm trying and finding I enjoy. I'm eating more fruits and veggies and working out (every day if possible, even if it is only for 30 mins). I'm not perfect and will enjoy comfort food now in then but I'm eating a lot better than I did. Brian and I are on this journey together and we look forward to a healthier 2010!

What are some of your favorite healthy foods/snacks?

3 comments:

BigHead said...

You have been doing a great job. I am proud of you.

Kati said...

Amanda, what a great post! I love it. Those are great meals/snacks and I may even steal your chicken idea :> I'm so glad you're trying to make lifestyle changes instead of just "going on a diet." And I agree about the veggies: they're better with cheese! Some of my fave snacks are cereal and milk, peanut butter and banana, and popcorn.

The McIntires said...

Robert is a big fan of the Skinny Cow!