Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009: A Year in Pictures

2009 was a wonderful year for Brian and I and we are anxious to see what 2010 holds. I decided to look back at select my favorite picture from each month of 2009.

January 2009


This picture was taken at our nephew Caleb's basketball game. We were excited for 2009 because we knew we were getting married in April! We knew it would be a very busy year but we were ready for what the year brought ahead.



February 2009

Yes, Brian's Aunt Pam bought me a Snuggie and Brian tried it out like the people who take them to football games and wear it. I laughed so hard at this picture. We also had 2 wonderful wedding showers given by friends and family and we received a lot of great items.


March 2009

This picture is from my Bachelorette Party. I had so much fun with my girlfriends. March was filled with trying to get everything ready for April 4. My roommate, Amy, got married on March 20 and it was a great, intimate wedding. I took my first trip of the season for work to Kansas City, MO. I was able to surprise Brian on his 29th birthday - he had no idea I had planned for all is family to eat to celebrate his bday at Primo's! Finally, we went to Austin to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of my 1999 basketball team winning the State Championship. March was fun but very busy and I remember looking at it on the calendar and realizing I wouldn't have time to be nervous about the wedding because I was too busy...haha



April 2009

April 4, 2009 - Our Wedding Day! I love the picture from our wedding ceremony because it truly shows how happy I was to be marrying my best friend. What a great day that was! We are thankful for all of our family and friends who came and celebrated that day with us! Our Honeymoon Cruise was amazing going to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

May 2009

Our nieces Kiersi turned 3 and Kayden turned 2 in May. My sister-in-law Melody made them both chef's hats as their birthday cakes. We had a lot of fun celebrating their birthdays. I headed to Des Moines, IA for work and Mom and I went wedding dress shopping with Jill and her family to find her dress and our bridesmaid dresses. To close out the month, Ryan, Brian, Caleb and I went to see the Rangers play on Memorial Day.


June 2009

In June, Brian and I hosted our families over for a cookout. We were able to use our grill that we received as a wedding gift and Brian grilled some great burgers! It was so fun to have everybody together and to have them at our home. In June, our friends, Lane and Lizzie got married and I helped throw my friend/co-worker, Jodi a baby shower. I also visited Rochester, NY and St. Louis, MO for work. I went up into the St Louis arch for the 2nd time with my co-worker, Molly. We had so much fun!


July 2009

This picture is from Brian and I's "staycation" Since we had taken our honeymoon in April, we decided to stay close to home on our time off. We went to Speedzone and drove around the race track. It was really so much fun ... even better was when Brian got stuck and I just sped by him. I turned 27 in July and Brian got me a new TV for our bedroom. He also sent the me the best chocolate covered strawberries! I traveled to Washington DC and was able to see all the monuments and memorials. I really enjoyed that work trip.

August 2009

I know I've talked alout about Auther but I do love him. I'm so glad we were able to sponsor him at the Dallas Women of Faith event. I'm so glad we are able to help someone get food, clothes, shelter and an education. My mom and lots of friends were able to come the Dallas Women of Faith event and we all had a great time. It was so fun to have them there. In August, Brian, my Dad and I were able to tour the new Cowboys stadium thanks to Brian's friend Jay. I was also able to hear Beth Moore speak at our church via simulcast. I learned so very much - she is amazing!



September 2009

This fall Brian help coach our nephew Cade's flag football team. He was excited to be able to coach with his brother and uncle. They all had a good time and I know Brian was just as excited every game day as Cade and his teammates. We went with our family to see SFA play SMU and I was happy to see my college alma mater play again - even though we lost. I traveled to Anaheim, CA and got to go to Disneyland and went to Denver, CO for work.



October 2009

This picture makes me laugh because it combines to of my loves: nachos and Friday Night Football. One of the few weekends I was in town, we went to see my Dad's football team play and I indulged and ate my nachos. We enjoyed watching Cade and Caleb play football and we cheered loud and proud from the sidelines. We were able to help at our church's Fall Carnival and enjoyed getting to know our Sunday School class so much more. I also traveled to St Paul, MN and Oklahoma City, OK.

November 2009

This picture is from our first Black Friday experience with Ryan and Kate. We really had a lot of fun and I'm thankful we were able to nap most of the day afterwards. We did get some good deals so it was worth it! I found out my BFF, Julie, is having a baby girl so I went shopping for pink! I helped with a wedding shower for my friend Jill and she got lots of great stuff! Thanksgiving was so great - we are able to see both of our families on Thanksgiving Day and I stuffed myself with stuffing. I was able to travel to Greensboro, NC and Ft Lauderdale, FL



December 2009

Snow on Christmas Eve is my favorite picture from this past month. It was so beautiful. As you've seen recently, we had an amazing Christmas and it was so fun being together and sharing each moment with each other. I traveled to our last event of the year in Sacramento, CA. I had so much fun decorating our house with Christmas decorations and I love our Pottery Barn stockings I ordered. It was sad putting it all out but I know I will get so excited when it is time to get it out next year!

Looking back at these pictures and at 2009, I am reminded of how grateful I am that God has been with us everyday. I know you shouldn't dwell on the past but it is fun to look back and see how far we've come in just one year. We pray in 2010 that we will continue to always keep God the center of our lives and that He will use us for His Glory. May you have a Happy and Blessed New Year!

and last but not least...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our Sister-in-law STEPHANIE!
WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: