Monday, August 3, 2009

Washington DC

I'm back! Had a great Women of Faith Weekend in Washington DC! We had 917 decisions for Christ - can I get an Amen? It's so nice to be back home though - there is no place like home!

The last time I was in DC was in 1998 - I went with my family. Dad planned our 2 week trip up the east coast to see all of the historical sites. We were in DC for a couple of days and over the 4th of July. I remember watching the fireworks at the Capitol and it being very hot! But I also remember it was so fun to be there with my family and see it all with them...flying into DC made me smile and think back to that trip I will never forget!

Like I said in the previous blog, I flew in early Thursday to tour DC. Brian and I's work schedules were actually going to meet up and we were going to be in DC the same day on Thursday!!! I was so excited b/c we were going to tour DC together but alas, my poor husband came down with strep throat and the trip was not to be. I know he really wanted to go but he couldn't go b/c of the sickness so I left him in Texas and headed to DC. I was sad he wasn't there but knew he needed to rest to get better. So I walked around DC with some of my co-workers and we had a great time! Below are the photos of our walking tour!

Our hotel: The Renaissance Mayflower

The White House

Me in front of the White House & there are the protesters!

Me in front of the Washington Monument

The World War II Memorial - it was not there when we went in 1998 - it is in between the Washington Monument & the Lincoln Memorial

The Lincoln Memorial in the distance



The Washington Monument with the Capitol Building in the distance

The Lincoln Memorial

The reflecting pool

The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall

The book to find the names on the wall



This was exciting to me because I love the movie "The American President" with Michael Douglas and Annette Bening. In the movie, she keeps getting lost on Dupont Circle and I was so happy to see the sign. If you've never seen it, you won't understand and that's ok!

As I was leaving to come home on the jet plane, this was what I saw outside my window - The Jefferson Memorial & the Washington Monument - Goodbye Washington DC!

1 comment:

The Killough's said...

Omg, I would LOVE to see all of that!! Maybe one day...