Thursday, October 9, 2008

San Jose, CA

Back to the palm trees - this time on the West Coast. I was in San Jose, CA this past weekend for work and had a really good time. I knew this weekend was going to be long b/c on top of our regular Women of Faith conference, we had a bonus event on Saturday night called 3:16 Live with Max Lucado. I was excited about it b/c it was a different event than Women of Faith so it was something new to work on. 3:16 Live is an event that came from Max's heart since he published his book 3:16 last year. As you can tell it is all about the one verse, John 3:16 that sums up God's love for us and all that he offers us if we just accept Jesus as our personal Savior.

The Women of Faith conference was great and we have Mandisa (she was on American Idol a couple of seasons ago) out on the road with us for the rest of the year and I heard her for the first time this weekend and she was sooooo awesome - that girl can sing. And her testimony is amazing. 3:16 Live started Saturday night at 7pm and was a wonderful event full of Max's honest words and the music of Mandisa, Sandi Patty and Travis Cottrell! The speakers from WoF were so nice and bought all of the staff Starbucks (I don't drink coffee but I had hot chocolate) b/c they knew it was going to be a long day Saturday.

It was another great working trip and everytime I go, I remember who I am working for and what it is really all about - Jesus! I see it on the women's faces who needed to be at the arena on that day so God could meet with them one on one. God is soooo Good!

I didn't do much sight-seeing (unless you count my hotel room & the arena we had the conference in) but I tried to take a couple of pics of San Jose. The mountains in the background were gorgeous but I couldn't get a picture to fully show it.

I will be traveling 4 out of the next 6 weekends so if you need me, I will be in:

St. Paul, MN - Oct 17 & 18
Houston, TX - Oct 24 & 25
Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Nov 7 & 8
Glendale, AZ - Nov 21 & 22

...and I will be continuing the wedding planning while I'm gone...the work is never done :-)



A pretty church & the San Jose Museum of Art



Mountains in the background and the fountains in downtown San Jose



More palmtrees



My hotel (I was on the 12th floor) and the back of Anna's rental car with all of our Starbucks!

1 comment:

BigHead said...

I will miss you while you are gone.