Tuesday, September 30, 2008

You Will Know...

when you put the dress on that it is the one! That is what everyone told me before I went wedding dress shopping on Sunday and they were right! Sunday, me, mom, all my bridesmaids and junior bridesmaid, Laurie, Pam (Goob), Kate, and Pam (Julie and Jill's mom) went to the Alfred Angelo bridal store at the Firewheel Shopping Center. Shannon and Samantha were there via text as Stephanie took pics of each dress with her phone and sent it to them so they could send me their thoughts. I was so excited everybody could come so we could shop for my wedding dress and find bridesmaid dresses for everybody.

I gave Debbie (our Alfred Angelo consultant) my catalog with paperclips on the pages with the styles I liked and she went and grabbed many dresses. I tried one on and thought it was ok but was ready to try on the next. I tried the 2nd one on and almost cried I loved it so much! I would love to go into more detail but I do want to surprise Brian on April 4 so if you want more information or want to see a picture, just let me know the next time you see me and I will show you! I really loved it and so did all my crew there watching! I tried on about 5 more dresses but still kept coming back to the 2nd one I tried on and when I put it on for a 2nd time - it sealed the deal. I will show you two that I didn't get!

My entourage waiting for the next dress

Next, it was time to look at bridesmaids dresses. I originally wanted red dresses for the bridesmaids but the carpet at FBC Rockwall is red and it would clash too much so I went to black and never looked back! I still wanted red somehow in their dresses so they are wearing a long strapless dress with a red sash to accent it. All the girls tried their dresses on and they looked beautiful (the only color they had the dress in at the store was buttercup yellow so we had to imagine the black). They all said they liked them so let's hope they really do!



Imagine the dress on the left in the colors on the right





Kennedy tried on a couple of dresses and we found the perfect one for her. She looked so beautiful in all of the dresses she tried on and I know she had a good time showing them off for all of us!



This dress will be black with the red bow

After all of the trying on and sucking in, Mom treated us all to a cookie at Nestle Tollhouse. It was a wonderful day and one I will never forget. I can't wait to see Brian's face when he sees my dress. I want to put it on again now...lol...but I have to wait until it comes in.

7 comments:

BigHead said...

I want to know what Julie was talking about in the last photo. Everybody looks so serious.

stephanie said...

My face looks so mean in that last picture. Maybe that's when Julie wwas talking about Market Center..... I had a great time. Thanks for inviting me.

Josh and Shan said...

Steph looks like she's about to come un-glued on that poor girl!

I've seen the dress and you are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!

BigHead said...

P.S. You look so beautiful in all your dresses.

The Killough's said...

I love your dress!! Very gorgeous!!
Oh, and I got the 2nd one I tried on too :)

Kati said...

YAY!!!!!! I can't wait to see it! I think I got the 2nd or 3rd one I tried on too :> Must be something about that...

Glad you had such a great time!

The McIntires said...

Everyone is going to be beautiful!