Monday, September 15, 2008

Philadelphia, PA

Another working weekend and this time it was in Philadelphia! This was the very first conference I traveled to last year as a Volunteer Coordinator so it was nice to be somewhat familiar with an arena before I got there. Usually it takes me hours to figure out what elevator goes where but I usually get it figured out before I leave on Saturday! Anywho, the ladies and the conference were great. We also got to have a live feed from Philadelphia to Columbus where we are having our first Revolve Tour conference of 2008. 8,000 teenage girls worshipping Christ - it is Awesome!

After the conference, I walked around historical Philadelphia and went to the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, etc... and I really enjoyed it. Most of the places were closed to tourists but I got good pictures from the outside. My parents had taken us to Philadelphia in 1998 on vacation and it was great so I got to remember when we had all come together to see the sites. My dad is a history buff and I love visiting historical places with him - I wish he could have come with me again!

Sunday, I flew home and we were only delayed 20 minutes. I was hoping Ike wasn't going to keep us from getting home. Thankfully, it was mostly out of DFW by Sunday and dying down. Now, I am home and there is more work to be done! Can you say Busy Season?

Independence Hall - where the Declaration of Independence & the US Constitution was signed

A quote from the consitution in front of Independence Hall & George Washington's statue in front of Independence Hall



The Liberty Bell - photos taken from outside b/c it was closed - you have to pay to see the crack!



Benjamin Franklin's Grave



Betsy Ross' House

The Wachovia Center - where the conference was held and where the Flyers & 76ers play

Citizen's Bank Park - where the Phillies play & Lincoln Financial Field - where the Eagles play

No comments: