Sunday, June 22, 2008

2 Showers and a Fish Fry

It was a busy weekend but a fun one! Friday, it was off to Denton after work to Kate's house for the Lingerie Shower. Thanks to Google Maps I was able to find the house with no problems! The shower was a lot of fun and I got to meet the rest of Kate's bridesmaids and friends. We played games, ate, drank, and watched Kate open her lovely presents. Let's just say, she received a lot of pretty things.

Kate and her presents

Erica (maid of honor) & Kate playing games

Saturday, Amy and I hosted a Fish Fry for our Twentysomething Sunday School class. We spent most of the day cleaning and then everybody came out about 6:30 pm and the frying began. Chris and Matt provided the fish and the fryer and they fed us well! We had fish, hush puppies, fries, baked beans, chips, dip, sweet tea and to top it all off - homeade ice cream! It was all so delicious. We set up the tables in our driveway and sat outside and enjoyed the food. It felt really good when the sun went down. It was a great time of food and fellowship!

Getting the food ready and hanging out!

The fish ready to be fried & Ryan holding some homeade ice cream

All of us eating up!

Sunday, it was off to Hughes Springs for another shower for Kate and Ryan. Hughes Springs, TX is where Greg, Ryan and I grew up. My parents and Ryan moved to Royse City when he was in 8th grade so he has many friends in HS and Royse City. I got there right in time for church and then it was off to the shower. It was so much fun to see all my old friends and I felt really old seeing girls I used to babysit all grown up. Ryan and Kate got a lot of good presents and Greg, Melody, and the girls got to come down too. They had the shower in an old restored building in downtown HS and it was beautiful. After, the shower, we went out to Joyce's for a little bit and then Kate, Ryan and I headed home.

The shower set-up and the hostesses


Kate & Ryan, Kent (Ryan's HS best friend) & Ryan

Kayden & Kiersi having fun


Me and my bros, Me and my parents

Jill and I, The Bradley Girls

1 comment:

Kati said...

I have so much to catch up on in your blog! I LOVE the fish fry pics and am sad I wasn't there :( But I was wondering...who's the good lookin dark haired guy in the white and blue shirt? I have GOT to meet him. ha ha