Monday, November 17, 2014

Playoff Fun

Saturday morning, Brian and I loaded up our blankets and put every piece of clothing on to brave the cold to cheer the Jackets on in their first playoff game this year! Mallory got to spend the day with Nana and Papa - thanks Mom and Dad - because we knew it would be pretty cold and knew she would have more fun inside where it was warm.


We headed out to get to the game at noon. I was looking forward to the game and was really looking forward to where they were playing: Baylor's new stadium: McLane Stadium. It is a very nice facility on the outside and on the inside.


When we got there, I started putting all my layers on but before I did, I made Brian take a picture of me in my Rockwall shirt so it would be known that I did wear some orange. Note: I usually don't pose like this but I told him I would pose like Mallory does in her photos just for fun :)


Our first stop was to find our friend's Will & Lyndsey's brick that they have on campus. We were excited when we found it, took our pic and Instagrammed it so our friends would know where were there and found it!


Once we got in the stadium, we found our seats with family and friends and got ready for the game!




It was neat to see the Rockwall highlights on the jumbo tron at the stadium


I texted Caleb before the game and told him to enjoy every minute because this is such an exciting opportunity! We cheered for him as he ran out!


Caleb #11 with the other #11 on the field before kick-off.


Here we go!


The first half was a lot of back and forth scoring and it wasn't too cold but after halftime, I think the temperature dropped and it got so much colder. Thankfully Brian went and got some hot chocolate for me. Just holding it kept me warmer. 


Finally, Rockwall made some defensive stops and recovered a fumble to get ahead and never looked back. We won 70-42!



Brian and I celebrated by eating at Health Camp before we left. Great burger and onion rings!


And of course, we had to make a stop in West on the way home.


We got home and thawed out. It was such a fun day and I'm so glad Brian and I were able to go!  With all the fun, we were so happy to see this one! I missed her!


Now onto the next round! We are ready for the next game on Saturday! Go Jackets!

3 comments:

The Killough's said...

In so sad we missed this game!! But my house was nice and warm =} #JFND

Lyndsey said...

Man, y'all had great seats!! I love Health Camp and the Czech stop too, and now I just want a kolache! I'm glad the Jackets won - now both of my favorite teams have won in my favorite stadium -woohoo!

Brettni Brumfield said...

Hot Chocolate Hand Warmers. NICE! Looks like lots of fun! ANd YAY for the win! =)