Thursday, February 20, 2014

Mommy and Mallory Fun

When Brian goes out of town for work, I like to try and do something fun with Mallory since it's just the two of us at home. Since it was so nice outside Tuesday night, I decided we would go to Firewheel - the outdoor mall close to us. Mallory was just excited not to go home right after I picked her up from school - ha!

She wanted to see the water as soon as we got there. I set her up on the ledge but she did not want to sit that close to it. I gave her some pennies to throw in the fountain and she loved that. I should have come more prepared because she kept wanting to throw more and more and I wasn't about to give her all my quarters so, the throwing of pennies ended earlier than she wanted :)


We snacked outside, watched the fountain and just chatted it up - I think she loves Auntie Anne's pretzels as much as I do!


We watched the train go around the little park and at first she wanted nothing to do with it but then as it came back around, she really wanted to ride it.


We got in our car and got ready for the ride.


She loved it! It was a short 5 minute ride around the water and the park and she loved every minute of it! It was so much fun seeing her excitement!

After our ride, we made a stop at Nestle Toll House (every time I think of Nestle Toll House, I think of the Friends episode where Phoebe & Monica are working to find Phoebe's grandmother's chocolate chip cookie recipe - just had to throw that in there!) and got a cookie and headed home.

It was such a fun time together with my sweet girl!

3 comments:

Brettni Brumfield said...

Mommy-Daugther Date! Fun! And, oh, how miss Friends!

Lyndsey said...

What a fun date night! We've never done the train ride - shh Mallory, don't tell Liam you went without him!

Lyndsey said...

What a fun date night! We've never done the train ride - shh Mallory, don't tell Liam you went without him!