Monday, June 13, 2011

The Ring

Yes, the ring above. I'm writing this post because I had to share the story of the ring. I was blessed to be on the 1999 2A State Championship Basketball Team when I was a junior in high school at Hughes Springs. We were able to order rings and I wore it forever because I was so proud of it.

Cut to 2004. I moved to my parent's house in Royse City after graduating from SFA in Nacogdoches. Sometime after moving back I was riding with my parents and I thought that I had dropped my ring in the back seat of my mom's Altima. I looked everywhere, never found it and thought it was lost forever. I was sad but moved on. One evening while Brian and I were at my parent's house, he and my dad looked through the car to see if they could find it after all this time and it wasn't there. Not too long ago, my parents got a new car and my Dad said even when they traded it in, they never found my ring.

I hadn't thought of it since until yesterday. Brian walks into the garage and then walks back in our house and says "How much do you love me?" and I said "Why?" haha and he laid my state ring on the bar. I hadn't seen in at least 5 or 6 years. I could not believe it! And where was it? In my old printer! How you ask? I have NO IDEA!!! Brian had gotten me a new printer/scanner when I had to work from home and we moved my old printer from college to the garage. He went to move my old printer to the trash and it fell out. How odd is that? So there is my crazy weird story for the day and hopefully I won't lose it again and it can be something I pass onto Mallory.

Speaking of championships - I had to add this pic of me and Mallory celebrating the Mavs win last night!

She just couldn't stand all of the excitement!

1 comment:

~Momma to Twin Girls~ said...

I may be de-lurking I can't remember if I had posted a comment before ;)
How AWESOME is this that he found your ring after all this time! :) VERY cool- Mallory is just adorable!