Friday, May 20, 2011

What's Going On...

So there has been a lot of things going on in the past couple of days. I'm sitting here typing this blog from my hospital bed. And here's how I got here:

All last week I had noticed that my BP wasn't getting as low as usual when I was resting. I kept watching it to make sure it wasn't ever sky high when I was resting but it just never got as low as usual. I told Brian that I thought he needed to pack his bag before our Dr.'s appt on Thursday just because I had a feeling, we wouldn't be coming back home. So Thursday afternoon, we headed to our usual appt. at Baylor Medical Center in Mesquite. When I got there, my Dr had to leave to go to the hospital to go deliver a baby so our nurse, Mary, was in charge. She took my BP when I got there and then after I rested and it never really went down. I also had a high level of protein that was affecting my kidneys so our nurse Mary sent us downtown to the hospital.

We got to the observation area and they monitored my BP for a while. It got a little bit lower but they wanted to run some more tests overnight so I knew I was staying Thursday night at the hospital. We did a sonogram and Mallory still looked great - she is weighing now at 6 lbs, 6 oz. We got at the hospital at 2:30pm and I didn't eat until 8:30pm - I was starving since I hadn't eaten since 12pm and my parents brought me some wonderful food. We finally got up to my room around 9:30 pm and Brian got situated in his bed ( a nice but not comfy chair ).

My Dr came by at 8:30am this morning and said that she was worried about the protien still affecting my kidneys so she said we would be having a baby, in at the most, in the 3 days. So here I am tonight writing to you. My Dr. wanted to look at the results of the tests that wouldn't be ready until this evening. She will come by tomorrow morning to let us know where we are at and where we go from here. All in all - we are not leaving this hospital without our daughter!!! So exciting, yet so crazy to think about!

I'm so thankful that we did make it full term today and Mallory is still looking great. We appreciate all of your prayers and I cannot wait to show her off when she comes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you...not the long hospital stay part...but the coming home with a baby part! We love you and are praying for you and want to be updated as much as possible. Can't wait to see Mallory soon!

Anonymous said...

Haha, and that message is from Kate. I'm not sure why it put Ryan's name. Of course he would agree with everything I said.

Michelle said...

Congrats Amanda! So you glad you made it to full term and praying for a healthy delivery for you and baby Mallory. I know everyone is looking forward to pics of the baby girl!

Digital Mom said...

YAY!!!!! Praying for you and Brian (and of course Mallory). I can't wait to meet her!