Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Organizing & Prioritizing


Sorry the poor blog has not been my top priority lately. But I have been learning how to organize and prioritize. I am learning many new things in my new position and being very organized is going to be the key to my success. There will always be the surprises that happen two days or one day before the event but the hard work I put in on the front end will show on when it's time. Keeping things organized by email folders, regular folders, binders, will help me in the long run. It's just hard on those days when things are going a million miles a minute and there are 30 papers thrown across my desk and I am just trying to figure out what day it is. Even it the chaos - it is still fun. I know I can do this and I just need to learn what works for me.


I'm also having to learn what is priority and what isn't. I'm the person that as soon as I get an email, I respond right away. I do that because it bothers me SO MUCH when people do not respond to my emails within a certain amount of time. God is teaching me patience and showing me just because they don't respond right when I want them to, that they will respond and everything will be taken care of in time. Easier said than done - can I get an AMEN??

So I guess this post is just to say I'm learning and I know I have a long way to go but I'm enjoying the journey. I'm about to be on the road so that will throw another kink into the organization but it can be done. If anybody has any organizational ideas - please send them my way!

No comments: